MTG: Magic the Gathering

Anyone else play Magic (MTG: Magic the Gathering by Wizards of teh Coast)

Whats your favorite sets/ decks / combo’s?

Min

I used to, but it got expensive to always have a deck that was only so old. I have decks from about eight years ago.

I got addicted big time right about the time 5th edition came out. I stayed hooked through 6th edition, but (Like with FBC) it got way too expensive. I went from buying a few packs to buying a box of each set. When I got to the point where I was thinking it was a good idea to buy 2 boxes of each set, I had to cut the cord.

I’ve considered buying it on Steam or XBL, because there’s no “keep buying” aspect. However, there’s also very little freedom in deck design.

Personally I’m hopeful that Scrolls will fill that role when it comes out, without being too expensive.

As to my favorite Magic decks, I “invented” the White Weenie deck all on my own, before I found out that it was an archetype. I also liked my Green Monster deck that could have 8 mana by the 3rd turn with a good draw. And my goblin deck where, depending on the draw I could either have a dozen goblins out quickly or no goblins out because I was sacrificing them to mess with the opponent.

And then there’s my blue deck, that was banned from multiplayer games because the only way to win (even for me) was for everybody else to run out of cards before you did. :slight_smile:

Yeah I was pretty addicted…