MST3K Rewatch

I was just listening to GWCDA1 and thought, “Hey! We need a MST3K rewatch!” So how about it, watching 2 or 3 eps and then talking about them.

May I first suggest Space Mutiny, featuring everyones favorite Battlestar!

Do they have complete content on youtube? I am an old fan of MST3K and support any and all watching of it. Not sure if it lends itself to having people talking about it tho…

Sean: Remember that scene where Crow says, “In your face?” when the guy says, "Where should I put it?

Chuck: Yeah, that was awesome.

Audra: Wait…when was that part? I think I missed it.

I have all of the MST3Ks that came out on DVD, So I’ve got no problem rewatching it again and again and again… But I think it would become a commentary on a commentary, a meta-commentary if you will, and I don’t know if that will work. Now adding more bad lines to a bad movie, I can deal with that.

Goods points.

Solai, just google video MST3K and you will get a ton of them.

I humbly request Alien From L.A.

Wasn’t Space Mutiny the one that ended with a bizarre gun-fight/go-cart battle royale?

There were two Gun fights on floor buffer battles in the movie, The first in the middle fo the moview after Calgon shoots the bridge officer, and the second at the end where Calgon “dies”.

That’s the sign of a great script, when you can stick two floor buffer chases in one movie. :smiley:

Calgon gets taken away?

Needless to say, that is one of the comments from the MST3K crew…
Still, the commentary when the floor buffers are chasing each other is one of the funniest scenes the MST3K crew have ever done.

Defiantly need to do Space Mutiny. If anything because of all the exterior space shots come from BSG ’78! They didn’t even try and hide that it says Galactica on the side of the flight pod. And I think you will agree the movie poster may have been the inspiration for that “Frackin’ window!”
I just noticed the poster is Mutiny in Space, Hmmmmm.

“Gamera is really neat! Gamera is full of meat! We all love you Gamera”

For some reason, the main thing I remember from Space Mutiny is the “no OSHA in space” and a total lack of safety railings on stairs.

MST3K is so great. I usually watch 3-4 a month on Netflix. I’m a Mike guy, since he was on when I started watching, but Joel is very funny also. I finally saw “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians” and almost pissed on myself when the kids were attacked by the “polar bear”.

Also check out “The Film Crew” DVDs on Netflix and Amazon. It’s got the 3 guys who were on MST3k when it ended and they do commentary for 4 really bad B movies. I’ve heard a great suggestion that SciFi should just bring back MST3k and only use their crappy original Saturday night movies.

That would be all of them… :slight_smile:

I prefered Mike to Joel because I started watching with Mike, and they had really gotten their act together by that time. (But Joel was good too…)

The Film Crew movies are a lot of fun too. I watched Killers From Space with Peter Graves, then The Giant of Marathon, and all I could think was “So Timmy, do you like Gladiator movies? Oh look, Scraps is a boy dog.”

So what is everyone’s top five MST3K movies?
Mine are:
Space Mutiny
Prince of Space
Invasion of the Neptune Men
Gamera
San Fransisco International

My Five would be…

Mitchel
This Island Earth (aka the MST3K Movie)
Time Chasers
Over Drawn at the Memory Bank
Space Mutiny

I hope it isn’t too inconspicuos that I don’t have any of the Gammera movies in the top five, but I am limiting myself to 5.

Spam spam spam spam

Gammera, when you put up the movie poster for Space Mutiny/Mutiny in Space (?) I HAD to go watch it and I ended up watching the whole thing on a Saturday morning on my computer and just died laughing. Thanks for the great recommendation!!

“Joel, why would anyone want to do that with Mitchell??”

I still think that Space Mutiny is the best MST3K movie ever. The floor buffer chase scene still makes me laugh so hard that I can’t breath.

Audra, You may want to try “Danger: Death Ray!” for your next Saturday morning.