Mission of Honor

As there are many fans of David Weber’s Honor Harrington series on this board I thought it would be time for a thread on the latest release. I know it’s been out for a couple of weeks now, but I’ve only just finished it. Over the last couple of months I did a re-read of all the books. It took a while.

Anyway first things first. If you have only been concentrating on the main Honor Harrington series and ignored the spin off books, I strongly recommend you correct that before you read Mission of Honor. Actually Crown of Slaves and The Shadow of Saganami provide quite a bit of information for At All Costs. But I think reading Storm from the Shadows and Torch of Freedom are virtually essential before reading Mission of Honor. Some of the short stories in the Worlds of Honor books are also useful reading. There is some good background info on certain characters (The Zilwikis, Abigail Hearns, Victor Cachat etc.)

Anyway I’m not going to drop any spoilers in the first post of this thread. But I really enjoyed the book. There are some sad moments, but there are some truly awesome points. This book is defiantly the set up book for the next one. Weber seems to write reasonably quickly compared to some (I’m looking at you George RR Martin). So roll on the next one.

Thanks for the recommendation. I skipped all but one of the spin off books the first time I read through, but I’ll pick up the other’s this time around before reading the new book. :slight_smile: