Minicasts

… for the Minisodes? Do you guys plan to treat all the upcoming minisodes as new episodes and review them each week until ‘Razor’ premieres? (btw I want a copyright on ‘minicast’… and on ‘alpacast’ for that matter)

So where’s the schedule for these? Can someone point me to it?

Last I heard they were to air on Flash starting in October, so I’m guessing they start this week.

I did some snooping around and boy, if these are coming out soon, they sure are being quiet about it. Nothing on their website, nothing on Google news. Strange.

That was pretty much my experience, Solai. I’d like to add them to the official calendar so we can all catch 'em, but damn if I can figure out when they’re hitting.

I think I saw a preview on SciFi saying the minisodes were to be included in Flash Gordon starting this week (Oct 5th). But I might be wrong.

Yorick, you may be right. I searched through the forums on Scifi.com and found a mention of this. Of course the person wasn’t an admin, just a normal poster.

Still. You think they would be marketing this, for no other reason than to drum up viewers for Flash Gordan.

Makes sense. Scifi stated that there were eight minisodes that would be shown leading up to Razor. At one per episode of FG, they would have to start on the 5th to get them all aired in time.

So frustrating. I would set one’s DVR/Tivo just in case. Of course they will probably be on Youtube within minutes…but these are details.

Ok, one intrepid soul over on Scifi unearthed the original press release.

Beginning in October, SCI FI will air Battlestar Galactica “mini-sodes” entitled “Razor” during episodes of the hit series Flash Gordon, Fridays at 9 p.m. The two-to-three-minute shorts will lead into the Nov. 24 premiere of “Razor,” the two-hour Battlestar special TV movie, which will tell the story of Lee Adama’s (Jamie Bamber) first mission as commander of the Battlestar Pegasus and will reveal the story of how Adm. Cain (Michelle Forbes) served her ship during the original Cylon attack on the Colonies. “Razor,” which airs at 9 p.m., will provide a backdrop to events in the rest of Battlestar, which returns for its fourth and final season in early 2008.

“Razor” is written by Michael Taylor and directed by Felix Alcala. It also stars Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer and introduces Stephanie Jacobsen as Kendra, Adm. Cain’s protege.

I said it before and I’ll say it again…why they are not splashing this across all the trades is just ridiculous. Someone is asleep at the wheel.

I have some old vodcasts I produced before the ranch server took a dirt nap. Alpacacasts are already out there although the ones I have seen do not last long. The ranch’s vodcast went well but since the loss of that server I have been busy with other things to not be in a position to re-launch it.

It wasn’t CommandN necessarily but it reflected my views of style.

Perhaps this is being regarded as so niche-focused that SciFi expects that rabid fans would do the job for them? After all, these one-scene miniature episodes are not exactly mainstream television. I think the literary term (Audra can correct me here) for a printed equivalent would be “flash fic”.

Not sure what that is. I do know what “slash fic” is, but that, I think (and hope) is an entirely different beast.

I’ve been thinking about this, and I suspect it’s that Sci-Fi is already giving up ad time to promote a show. So promoting the promotion would seem to be an exercise in redundancy.

(Not realizing that the ONLY reason to watch the flipping show you’re using for the promotion… well, you get my drift.)

As far as I understand matters “flash fic” relates to length. Descending from longest to shortest would be the range of names at: novel, novella, short story, flash fic. The minimum I have seen quoted for a short story is 2,000 words. Flash fic goes lower than that in trying to tell some sort of a story with the goal being to use as few words as possible.

Well … against my better judgement I have set my Tivo to record Flash Gordon… Generally I use Tivo to avoid having to watch the commericials, in this case, I guess I will be using Tivo to avoid watching Flash Garbage.

I agree they will be on Youtube about 47 seconds after they are on the air… soooo…

I will consider it like searching for the toy in the box of cheerios… a nice diversion after I watch Stargate Atlantis…

Ok, finally got confirmation by emailing the admin of the Scifi boards. Their response, “Solai, good idea…we will create a thread and sticky it.”

…this is their marketing plan? <flail>

Anywho.

Flashback #1: “Day 4,571”, this Friday. I won’t give you the tagline as it could be considered a spoiler. If you are curious go on over to the Scifi boards to read.

I’ve been semi lurking FG (blech) and thought I was missing the minisodes. :o Thanks for the facts people!

Can’t…download minisode…on crappy work computer…must wait…to get home…gasp