Mark Pellegrino (Jacob) interview

Why Supernatural’s ‘Lucifer’ says he’s really the good guy

Yes, I know this isn’t about Lost specifically, but Mark Pellegrino, the actor who plays Jacob, also plays Lucifer on Supernatural. The actor has a long list of more-or-less bad guys he’s played (most recently before this, Rita’s ex-con abusive ex-husband on Dexter), and finally he’s playing Satan… and Jacob?

I’ve felt since I first saw that he was cast that playing this one angelic good guy out of a plethora of baddies couldn’t be completely out of character. As much as they keep reinforcing that Locke/MiB/Smokey is the villain of the piece, I just can’t come around to the idea that that automatically makes Jacob the hero.

And, here, we get Pellegrino’s idea of villains: they themselves think that they’re good.

I really can’t help but think that MUST apply to Jacob, as well.

Thots? Feelings? Pie Recipes?

I think this would be the most appropriate recipe for a thread on villians who think that they’re good:

One 18.25 ounce package chocolate cake mix.
One can prepared coconut pecan frosting.
Three slash four cup vegetable oil.
Four large eggs.
One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Three slash four cups butter or margarine.
One and two third cups granulated sugar.
Two cups all purpose flower.
Two cups rhubarb, sliced.
Two slash three cup granulated rhubarb.
One tablespoon all-purpose rhubarb.
One teaspoon grated orange rhubarb.
Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire.
One large rhubarb.

Don’t forget garnishes such as: Fish shaped crackers, fish shaped candies, fish shaped solid waste, fish shaped dirt, fish shaped ethyl benzene, pull and peel licorice, fish shaped volatile organic compounds and sediment shaped sediment …

I didn’t realize his resume’ was so…satanic. He definitely has a certain look.
The bad guy that thinks he’s good is an interesting angle and works with my theory that these guys aren’t as high on the pecking order as we think they are.

The show has played Jacob as a good intentioned guy, at the very least. But whether he has the classic good grace and judgment that a truly “Good Guy” has, we’ll have to see. I doubt he does.

Let me just say; Where’s the fucking money lebowski. A line from one of my favorite films by Mr. Pellegrino’s character.

Have (maybe for the 1st time) watched the hole Movie. The Dude is the man!!

Spottet Mark Pellegrino (Jacob, Lucifer, Rita’s husband) as the goon. He really is like everywhere. :smiley: