Lost

Since most genre movies etc. already had arcs on GWC and because the final season of LOST is airing in a month, I’m going to revive this topic.

So who is with me?

“Don’t tell me what I can’t do!!!”:wink:

Count me in! Obviously we wouldn’t ask everyone to watch all five seasons, but the Crue could focus on certain episodes like they did with Stargate. It really will feel like the end of an era when that Bad Robot logo comes up for the last time.

Great, we have two supporters. And as Solai mentioned, we might have Sean on the inside.
Of course, every episode would be too much too ask. More like 2-4 essential episodes per season would be enough for the casual viewers to jump into the show, get sucked in and ready to get the hole box sets.:smiley:

I know that we’ve got more peeps in the GWC community that support this arc!

+1

It took me a long time to get on the Lost bandwagon but I’m glad I did. With 100+ episodes it’s almost impossible to knock Lost down to just 2-4 per season, but maybe if they stuck with just the Pilot, season finales, and really key episodes (like Walkabout, Orientation, Not in Portland, The Constant, and the like) it’d be doable. Oh and they have to do a Hurley episode – how about “Tricia Tanaka is Dead”? :slight_smile:

Now that the entire series is available on DVD, I think this thread deserves a bump.

Just so that Chuck and Aura know. Baconface, janitorbob and I are also on board for a LOST arc!

Do it.

Yes, a Lost arc would be amazing! Especially right now since the first 5 seasons are on instant watch on netflix and are also streaming on Hulu at least until the end of the year. The only thing would be trying to decide which episodes to do. Lost isn’t told in a traditional narrative so the arc would need to be cohesive enough to make sense to anyone that hasn’t been as obsessesd as I have (and others around here as well). :slight_smile:

So which episodes would work for an arc? Would everyone prefer it being more character driven or plot driven?

ETA: I vote for The Constant either way…and Walkabout…and probably Through the Looking Glass

Well, I suppose 1 show per season wouldn’t work. So maybe 3-4 episodes per season for a Podcast. And maybe a mix of mythology and character episodes. With so many important themes and characters it would be difficult to commit to certain episodes.
Just a few of the themes of the show: Animals • Apocalypse • Bible • Black & white • Children • Christianity • Coincidence • Conflict • Connections • Course-correction • Death • Deceptions & cons • Dreams & visions • Economics • Electromagnetism • Eyes • Fate vs. free will • Fear • Food • Games • Good & bad people • Healing properties • Imprisonment • Irony • Isolation • Languages • Leadership • Life & death • Miracles • Missing body parts • Mirrors • Numbers • Parent issues • Philosophy • Physics • Pregnancies • Premonitions • Promises • Psychology • Rain • Redemption • Religions • Resurrection • Revenge • Rivalries • Role reversal • Sacrifice • Salvation • Science • Science vs. faith • Secrets • Suicide • Time • Time travel • Trees • Trust

Here are my suggestions: if someone considers the episode Titles as Spoilers
[spoiler]
Season 1: Pilot, Walkabout, White Rabbit (at least the John/Jack scenes), Deus Ex Machina, (Do No Harm), Exodus

Season 2: Man of Science/Man of Faith, Orientation, One of Them, (Two for the Road), Live Together/Die Alone

Season 3: Flashes Before Your Eyes, Tricia Tanaka Is Dead, The Man From Tallahassee, The Brig, The Man Behind The Curtain, Through The Looking Glass (sorry, I can’t left any of these episodes out)

Season 4: The Beginning Of The End, The Constant, The Shape Of Things To Come, There’s No Place Like Home

Season 5: Jughead, The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham, LaFleur, Dead Is Dead, The Incident

Season 6: LA X, Dr. Linus, Ab Aeterno, Happily Ever After, The Candidate, The End[/spoiler]

Wow, that was like choosing your favorite child.

What do you think?

But when are we going to learn the true meaning behind Jack’s tattoo? There’s gotta be an episode about that! :wink:

Epic Fail!! :smiley:

Good list. I’d make some changes:

[spoiler]
Season 1: It’d be great to get Numbers in there but I can’t see one I’d take out

Season 2: The Other 48 Days is a quick summary of season 1 in a lot of ways. Two for the Road was shocking at the time but might not make much sense without context. Dave was a better standalone IMHO.

Season 3: Greatest Hits is awesome TV. I’d play that instead of Man From Tallahassee

Season 4: Perfect. This Constant is probably the best overall episode of the whole show and it is reasonably stand-alone (in that the only real explanation you’ll ever get is in the episode itself).

Season 5: I’d swap Dead is Dead for The Variable (she knew the whole frakkin’ time!

Season 6: Great stuff. Maybe include Across The Sea for some explanatory action?
[/spoiler]

I see what you mean about choosing children: “Lois we discussed this, if we can only save two of the kids we leave Meg.” - Peter Griffin