LOST Rewatch

Five months have gone by after the Finale of this magnificent series. Although I’ve watched in the last 2-3 months LOST with my mom up to episode 3 of season 4, I’m gonna start to watch this series again in light of the rewatch of Jay & Jack from the Jay & Jack LOST Podcast.

I’m gonna use this thread mostly to post moments which still effect me emotional or give me goosebumps. Also some thots which might come up with having seen the hole series so far.

I would be happy if some of you will join me at some point, although I understand if you still need some time. But I already “have to go back”.

1x01/02: The Pilot

Goosebumps: Jacks’s awakening; chaos at the fuselage; Jack wandering around after the action sequence with Credit Where Credit Is Due playing; sound effects of the Smoke Monster; John enjoying the rain; group hiking during Hollywood And Vines is playing;

Emotional Moments: Sawyer reading his letter; John talking with Walt at the Backgammon game;

Thots: first meeting we see of Jack and John is them moving wreckage that jammed one passenger; love the subtleties, Kate stroking her wrists as indicator for the wrists she was wearing; so many wonderful, previously unknown actors like Evangeline Lilly, Jorge Garcia or Josh Holloway; Sun seemed so vulnerable and Jin so domineering at the beginning, later it got reversed; guy sitting next to John on the plane has some weird 80s hair; that ridge on Oahu looks magnificent; Michael is already getting on my nerves with his constant shouting; first of many fights with Sawyer’s first “SOB” line; have a smile on my face every time I see the Hurley/Sayid introduction; Evie looks hot while she is washing…IBIMB; why would Sayid tell Sun to get Kate??!; Sawyer being proud that he shot the polar bear :smiley: ; Edward Mars – always a jackSorryBarb;

SW References: none

Overall Importance to the series (from 4 to 108): 108

When I saw you post that, I thot, “What a great idea?”

Like most great ideas I have, it’s been done.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars

I know that it has been done, but I’m still trying to catch them without any list.

Well, it may be a bit of a stretch, but…

the two sides, black/white chat Locke has with Walt could be a Star Wars reference. :smiley:

:smiley: Haha, nice opinion. For me that is really a bit of a stretch. lol

What about when Jack tells Kate about his first solo procedure. Solo procedure. Coinsidence? I don’t think so.

Oh boy, you’re really exaggerating here! :wink:

Then we could also say that Benry asking for some milk is a hommage to Luke getting Blue milk. lol

You must mean old Ben Linus.
I think season 2 is underated, and Emerson’s best work was back at the Swan.

For season 2 he is Benry for me. And I totally agree with you. Michael Emerson’s acting in the Hatch, with his subtleties, is what made him the most intriguing characters on the hole show. You never quite knew what his goal was. Together with Terry O’Quinn they were gold for the show.

Since I took a break the last few days, today I’m gonna watch the 4 following episodes after The Pilot. Enjoy!

1x03: Tabula Rasa

Goosebumps: Sayid - “And hope is a very dangerous thing to lose.”; First Charlie/Claire scene :o ; Ray – “Everyone deserves a fresh start.”; Kate talking to Jack in the rain about the Marshall; John getting Vincent with the dog whistle; Jack – “3 days ago we all died. We should all be able to start over.“

Emotional Moments: Sawyer shooting the Marshall without killing him, especially when we see Sawyer’s face when he realized his error;

Thots: Jack, always trying to FIX people; every time Jack or Kate say Hi/Hey to another, we should take shots; first of many following Patsy Cline songs; wondering how Kate got through security to Australia in the first place; can Walt control the weather on the Island?; why did they make John appear so creepy at the end?

Overall Importance to the series (from 4 to 108): 23

1x04: Walkabout

Goosebumps: John walking up at the crash site; John throwing the knife next to Sawyer’s seat and his following speech about hunting with Crocodile Locke playing; John telling Randy about the Walkabout “…it was his Destiny” and “Just don’t tell me what I can’t do!”; John meeting Smokey; Jack seeing a figure at the tree;

Emotional Moments: last 5 minutes with the burning of the Fuselage, John’s argument at the travel agency, the revelation him being in a wheelchair and how he could walk again on the Island. This scene sealed the deal for me that this series was special and I had to watch it.

Thots: “Right behind you, Jack-sorryBarb!”, gotta love Sawyer :D; Kate has still her orange shirt on; Sun is already starting her garden; Mike what an idiot, had it coming; still don’t understand why John tried to build a relationship with a call girl who was named like his nearly-wife; Evangeline Lilly is great climbing that tree, like a monkey; fantastic writing how they slip the possible survived Tallies in there;
Big Question: We heard that Smokey/MIB killed the piglet, but what did he do when he approached John? Thots, anyone?

Overall Importance to the series (from 4 to 108): 108

My guess is that he scanned him. What freaked me out is at the funeral, when Michael asked him about the monster, he said he didn’t see anything.

And do you think MIB saw right then, that John would be his perfect victim for his plan to leave the Island?

In White Rabbit, John tells Jack though that he “looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw, was beautiful”.

Looking back, I wonder if at some point he saw the light source and was referring to that.

Just finished Season One of my personal LOST rewatch last night… some episodes I’m finding myself liking more than I remember (Confidence Man), some not as much (Exodus, Part I).

I know at some point (“The Cost of Living,” 3.05), Locke tells Eko, “I saw a very bright light. It was beautiful.” So I’m thinking he had seen the light source way back in S1.

Since I had much to do and it is only half as much fun to make a rewatch alone, I put LOST on hold. I’m waiting to revisit it when more people on the boards are willing to join in, especially in discussing it.

I’ve been so busy myself I haven’t had time to rewatch anything. I remember many of the episodes from season one pretty well. Season 2 and 3, not so much.

Walkabout is still one of my favorites. I think its where I started to fall in love with Sawyer. Loved how he just asked the obvious questions, like, you just want to go off into the jungle of mystery?

Loved those lines.

I’m rewatching the whole series in line with Jay and Jack’s rewatch. They have just finished season 1. I have rewatched seasons 1 and 2, because I just couldn’t wait, but will be starting Season 3 soon when they do. If anyone would like to join me, even for the odd episode that would be cool :slight_smile:

Yeah, that was also my original plan to watch it with J&J’s Podcast. Put I got behind very fast, so I decided to stop (but have saved all their shows).
In some way I’m watching the series again by introducing it to my mother. We’re nearing the end of Season 5, but I wanna rewatch it really on my own. To write my notes like in my first posts of this thread, to discuss the deeper meanings of the show with you and to catch up on things I might have missed previously.
That’s why I also ordered this bookyesterday:

But for SiaSL, I’m always available to make a frak party with you Cackleberry. :wink: