Lost 4.7: Ji Yeon (spoilers)

To compensate for the absence of flashes two episodes ago (“The Constant”), we had tonight (it’s another first I think?) a flashback and a flashforward intertwined. Jin’s flashback status is only confirmed at the end when he states he’s only been married for 2 months and that it’s the year of the Dragon (the last one was in 2000). Although Juliet was definitely wrong in telling Jin about Sun’s affair, I guess she did that for the best as she probably saved Sun and the baby’s life and removed a heavy weight from Sun’s shoulders.

What we learned:

• Jin’s dead (his grave indicate 9.22.2004 as the date of his death, date of the plane crash and the original airdate of the pilot episode)
  • Sun is one of the “Oceanic 6” (beside Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid)
  • the captainconfirms Ben’s claim that Charles Widmore is the owner of the freighter
  • Charles Widmore thinks/knows that Ben is behind the fake Oceanic 815 at the bottom of the ocean
  • and finally that Michael’s still alive and calls himself Kevin Johnson

Does that leave an extra spot for the “Oceanic 6”? Is Michael Ben’s spy on the freighter?

Next week is the final of the first 8 episodes until late April and is interestingly titled “Meet Kevin Johnson”.

Sometimes I wonder when they put stuff like this in episodes. I don’t know if I’m being a baby about it but I don’t believe Jin is dead. He’s back on the island because of some deal or something, more than likely with Ben. It’s just there to wind the audience up.

I agree, it could go either way.

Another thing, Jin’s “rebirth” is confirmed in this episode. And we know what happens to people on the island who resolve their inner demons… :wink:

I was listening to the Jay and Jack podcast, and they posited that Jin is not dead because the date on his grave marker was Sept 22, 2004… the date of the crash. Perhaps the grave marker was erected by either Sun or Jin’s families when they heard that the plane was found at the bottom of the ocean.

I’m not sure I’m convinced either way… I could see her visiting the marker as a source of connection with a living Jin back on the island… but then, why bring Hurley? They both genuinely looked mournful.

I would have to assume that if Jin were truly dead, his body was not returned with the survivors. I’m sure any form of autopsy would indicate that he died long after the 90 days they were missing on the island. Then again, the humid environment seemed to be making quick work of Goodwin. Jin may or may not be one of the 2 people Jack testified died on the island after the crash…

God I love this show.

I liked that we got three different timelines-very cool.

How freaky is that boat? The rats, bloodstains, and Regina jumping overboard. Looking forward to next week to see whats been going on the ship.

Juliet did the right thing: she did whatever it takes to make sure that the baby would be born.

I have to give her kudos, even if it wasn’t the most graceful way of going about it.

My crazy theory of the week: Juliet has the chance to finally get off the island and decides to give up her seat for Sun. So she, along with the rest, are still stuck on the island.

I don’t even suspect that the writers expect the viewers to think that Jin is dead. They are just throwing another piece of the puzzle at us. We already pretty much know that the members of the Ocianic 6 have felt compelled to lie about the existence of the other survivors on the island. Maybe the grave is just part of that cover-up. And maybe their visit to the grave is just commemorating some sacrifice Jin made to allow the 6 their freedom.

You know, Ir eall really like Juliet after thsi episode. i didn’t want to do it, but I did, I am so sorry lol

here’s my theory of the week that doesn’t make since: Jin faked his death, so that sun would live. He is now working for Mr. Palk, who is connected to Widmoore. Because Jin indirectly works for Widmoore, Sayed has been sent to kill him (dun dun dun scary music)

If you looked at the grave, it sas he diied on on sep. 22ed. He might have been one of the people Jack and Kate claimed survived the crash, but soon died. Sun, afterall, needs someone to hook up with, and what do ou do before you die? Well, sorry, that’s just what i’d ask Kate and Jack, but that’s besides the point.

The two of the eight they said died, I think, were Claire and Jin. You had to give some exscuse for why Sun was preggers, and why Aaron was there.

The fact that Jin dies proves that he is not one of the Occeanic six. But, the promo for this episdoe said we would find out the last of the occeanic six. I still refuse to believe that Aaron is one, because he was not on the manafist.

Ralph from a lost podcast called the Dhramalars had the thoery that John Locke’s flashback in Further Inscrutions was actually a flashforward. So…what if he is the last of the occeanic six?

IMHO, I don’t think Locke is ever gonna leave the island. The connection is too strong.

True, but I found it to be a very interesting theory

I’m leaning towards Aaron being one. Especially if the actual rescue takes place 9 months or more after the crash…

When Abaddon corners Hurley in the asylum and presses him about if “they are still alive”, I think he is referring to the freighties. After all, he hired them to go there and do a job… maybe they double crossed them… or maybe the losties stole their ride, stranding the freighties.

It’s my understanding than none of the bodies at the fake crash site are going to be recovered- too expensive. I think Jin is on the island- either dead or alive. He certainly would risk his life to make sure Sun got off. Aaron could be counted I think as one of the six, which means Michael isn’t counted or Walt. Hmm…

I suspected Jin was in flashback halfway through the episode and I love when I catch those things on my own. The show gets me so mad, but it sure keeps the mind working!

But things NEVER turn out right for Locke, no matter how hard he tries. I get the feeling him being forced to leave the island, incapacitated, injured, however, is exactly the kinda torture that would finally do the poor bastard in. As far as I can really gauge at the moment, Ben still seems to be quite in charge of things post-island and nothing suggests to me that Ben is ever gonna stop trying to screwing with John. I can see Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid and Sun all cutting a deal with Ben, some already have, but Locke’s never gonna trust him.