Looking for suggestions

After watching Smallville and Justice League and playing DCUO, I’ve decided to start collecting some comic TPBs (mostly DC for now). So far I have most of Blackest Night and JLA Tower of Babel.

I would appreciate some suggestions for stuff to look for. I’m mostly looking for TPBs and other collections at the moment. They seem like they’re more durable and a better value.

I’m not much of a DC reader, though I’ve been getting into the new 52; that doesn’t help you with picking out TPBs. If you’re a Batman fan, the top 2 books I’d say, at least from what I’ve read, are Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller, and The Killing Joke by Alan Moore. I also enjoyed reading Batman: Cacophony and Batman: The Widening Gyre, both written by Kevin Smith. There was a lot of backlash from the Batman community over this series, but I enjoyed them quite a bit.

Kevin Smith also did a run of Green Arrow which is supposed to be one of the best stories for the character. I’m fairly sure it’s available as a TPB as well.

I just got the TPB of Identity Crisis as a second Secret Santa present. I also picked up a Batman: No Man’s Land collection. It’s bigger than a TPB, but it doesn’t look like it’s the whole thing.

As far as I know, they collected No Man’s Land in 4 trades.

I just checked on Amazon, and I got part 1 of a “Complete Collection” that will collect all the comics related to No Man’s Land into 3 volumes. The first one came out recently, but the other two won’t come out until April and August next year.

Well, decided to go ahead and read Identity Crisis today and damn, didn’t see that twist coming at the end. The whole thing was a real punch to the gut (in a good way).

Glad you liked it. It’s definitely a punch in the gut, and the way it unveils keeps you turning the pages in excitement. It’s like Law & Order: SVU, Justice League edition.

Over the holidays, I got and read Final Crisis and 52. 52 was a bit odd, but it really played into several things in DCUO.

I don’t read a lot of DC, but I really did like pre-new 52 Blue Beetle, with Jaime Reyes. I haven’t checked out the post-reboot Blue Beetle since I’ve heard that apparently they changed a lot of the stuff I liked, like his friends and family knowing that he was the Blue Beetle, and also because I already read waaaaay too many comics month to month. I’ve heard that the new 52 Batwoman is great, but I don’t think there’s enough of it out to be in trade yet. And thanks to scans_daily, I kind of have a soft spot for Power Girl, especially when drawn by Amanda Conner, since her facial expressions are great and she throws in all kinds of goofy little background stuff. Example!

Got JLA The Tornado’s Path and Brightest Day Volume 1 this week.

Not sure where this pic came from, but… damn.

Marvel Civil War is awesome and is definitely worth a read, the same goes for Secret Invasion!

Give em a ago, they won’t disappoint…

From your friendly neighbourhood Munch-Man!

@MunchieRulze

Some of my favorite TPB’s have been Rising Stars, Astro City and 100 bullets. And some have spoken well of Locke and Key. I did not care for The Boys, but Preacher is quite interesting in small doses.

Oh and I really liked the Winter Soldier saga from Captain America.