Live Podcast: Friday Apr. 4, 10:45 p.m. CT!

Join us for GWC Podcast #94 live this Friday night April 4th, 2008 at 10:45 p.m. CT via TalkShoe.com – just 45 minutes after the BSG season four premiere!

Here’s the TalkShoe address:

http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/17428

And if you’re not near your computer, you can still call in via phone (even a cell phone) and listen to the call in real time. Just dial (724) 444-7444. When asked, enter call ID 17428.

You can stream the episode in real time via the link above, but better yet, if you register with TalkShoe you can actually participate in the call. All callers will initially join the call muted, but you can request to talk and we’ll unmute callers individually.

If you’re connected via the link above, you can also chat with all the other callers via an IM/text-chat system – as well as let us know what you want to talk about so we can tell when to take your call!

A few notes from our test call, to which I’m sure the other people who participated in the test will add their experience:[ol]
[li]If you take the time to set up a TalkShoe account before hand – it’s free – your screen name/callsign will show up for us, making it easier to identify you and un-mute you to take your call. You’ll also be able to chat.[/li][li]It seemed that callers who dialed in via phone had far fewer issues than those who called in via VoIP/ShoePhone. So if you’re in the US and have an unlimited (or large) long-distance plan, by far your best option is to set up an account, then dial in with the PIN you create during the setup. You’ll get the simplest audio and still be able to chat.[/li][li]If you want to talk on the podcast, try to make sure you’re in an area that’s reasonably quiet. (Skip the bar on Friday, Pike. :slight_smile: ) Use chat to let us know what you’re planning to discuss, and we’ll take as many as we can.[/li][*]If you’re out of the country, I’d guess that TalkShoe’s ShoePhone is your best bet. Snag a decent USB headset mic, and you should be good to go. The download process is a little freaky, but once it’s set up it works quite well.[/ol]Anyway, hopefully this gives everyone a chance to start planning for Friday. We’re looking forward to hearing from all of you – and hearing what you think of the explosive season premiere!

This is going to be EPIC!!! I already have the link bookmarked. Sorry I couldn’t join in on the test, kinda had some work stuff…yah, those TCI reports or whatever.

Any chance that you could record the podcast and upload it in the usual way? There are some of us who aren’t able to watch the episode live (well not live, but you know what I mean) and certainly don’t want to hear the discussion before we get a chance to watch the episode.

They are going to do that. Its why a test was done on Wens. so that they could get the kinks out for when they record on Friday.

Execellent, I had hoped they would. Just wanted to make sure.

What time in AZ is the live cast beginning? I’m thinking 9:45 our time which is before the broadcast- I can’t watch online today because I’m at work. Not sure what to do.

The premiere comes on at 10:00 in AZ. We are two hours behind Dallas. So I guess we would get the GWC broadcast at 8:45. I am going to try to watch it on line right when I get home from work.

Bump!

Remember if you have the time to register at TalkShoe.com (free) to get a PIN so the call panel on our end will tell us who you are. You can also join in the chat, which’ll let us know when to take your call.

And if for some reason you’re going to be away from your computer – you can call the number and just listen to the live 'cast via your phone. There’s no better way to burn a few minutes!

I’m lovin’ the fact that some of you are already signed up and tracking it. It’s gonna be great sharing the premiere with all of you.

Thanks again for all your prep and hard work, Chuck. It makes this whole thing so much more of an event. I hope you three appreciate how many smiles you’re making tonight !

SO SAY WE ALL

Well spoke my friend, well spoke. The labor of love has hit new heights today and this week, and for that we thank you.

It’s 9pm here in the Central Time Zone, also known as About Frakking Time! Anyone else freak out when
[spoiler]Tigh shot Adama?![/spoiler]

i’m so mad, i gotta wait for the torrent :frowning:

p.s. frak you glimfeather

p.p.s. j/k, i want to know everything

Proof it’s Conner from the Circle.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Image:Connor_attacks_Baltar.jpg

Did anyone mention the Skype Meetup that is happening tomarrow?

So true, so true.

Ok, I was listening to the podcast - and then I fell asleep (Not b/c you guys aren’t interesting, but b/c I am an exhausted new mom AND I’m also used to going to sleep listening to GWC) - so I woke up this morning and thought I would listen to what I missed - but I can’t find it anywhere - doesn’t seem to be on talkshoe. Am I just talkshoely challenged - have you posted it yet?

oh! me too! they have such soothing voices.

Congrats! (With the new mom, not the falling asleep…though anyway you can get it.)

Great siggy by the way.

Congrats on the baby!

Chuck was working on the edit last night after the show was done which was at about…2:30 am EST. It was over two hours long but he thought we would have it today.