Live GWC Podcast: Testers Needed

I try really hard to avoid filling the forums with technical junk as I know you’re here for Galactica and sci-fi – not gear geeking. But I need a little help. I’m getting everything together for a live podcast via TalkShoe next week – following the first new episode in a year! – and as usual, I can’t accept poor audio quality.

The bad news is that there’s really no way for me to get everything down without trying it out. That’s where you can help.

I’m going to schedule a “test podcast” sometime in the evening this week, and if some of you have a bit of spare time to suffer through listening to me test audio quality and learn to use the interface, it’d be a big help. I’d like to say it’ll be fun, but testing usually isn’t. Hopefully I can sign on Audra and Sean to be entertaining while I fight software and crawl under the audio desk.

Anyway, let me know if you’re interested, and if anyone is, I’ll update this thread with the information once we’ve scheduled a time; in fact, let me know what times might work for you.

Hopefully I’ll wring out all the bugs and we’ll have great fun on April 4th.

Depending on how late in the evening, I’d be willing to listen to a test-podcast, but anything after 7 or 8pm EST (6pm EST is my midnight) is pretty much the time of night for me when I have to do my vampire hunting. :slight_smile:

Quick question: will the live podcast be available as a regularly downloadable podcast?

Definately available any time before 6pm EST all week. Most very likely available at any other time all week.
Would be happy to help.

Interesting. Latter in the week is better for me.

I’m available after 9pm EST.

Got any kind of ETA?

If i’m not working i’ll be glad to

just let us know when and where

Love to help… just say when…

Are you going to do a local audio recording in lieu of letting everything be recorded by TalkShoe? The local audio recording would sound better than what TalkShoe produces. TalkShoe has started including ads so there are some restrictions as to how usable their MP3 might be.

I hear ya. I haven’t ventured into a live episode yet. We don’t do live things so that I have the flexibility to record segments when folks are available. I just had to do an [i]early[/i] one this morning.

I am two hours behind you so evening for you is afternoon for me, usually. We’re used to dealing with TalkShoe here due to Uncontrolled Vocabulary. TalkShoe is on speed dial here in Skype I think.

Let me know the time. That is a key thing. One example of TalkShoe’s use is for roundtables as seen here. Will there be live calls?

Good luck and good hunting. Thankfully I am off work that day.

I’m game - but I don’t have a mic on my laptop! What kind of stuff would we need? Anytime after 5pm CDT works for me! :slight_smile:

As long it is in the evening I could probably help out. I work until 5:30 -6:30 EDT, but am normally free after that and being a night owl I don’t normally sleep until midnight or later my time.

I’m in, give me a time and a place.

I’ll probably be available at almost any time this week, except wednesday night(fight on), be more than happy to lend a hand =)

I would love to, but alas, homework keeps me busy this time of year. :frowning:

I am down as long as it is in the afternoon and not on mon or wednsday at night i have a class then. But I wouldnt be hurt if you did it then.

Anything I can do to help Chuck.

I can do it at night (after my baby goes to sleep!) - I’m psyched you guys are trying Talkshoe - I’ve listened (never called in) to some for Lost podcasts and its great for getting instant reactions!

Here’s the deal: we’re going to try a test 'cast at 7 p.m. CT Wednesday April 2nd. (That’s today. Tonight.)

I’ll post the 'cast on TalkShoe.com this morning, but if you have any trouble finding it, look back here for details.

It’s going to be Audra and Sean (and maybe a little me) just shooting the bull with each other and with you. You’ll have to be patient – we’re doing this to get the audio right, so I’ll be futzing with it the whole time. And we’ll probably only record for test, so the results of this test 'cast will live on only with those who participate.

See you tonight!

I’ll be at work. I will see what can be arranged to have somebody on the line.

I should be there. If anyone else has never used Talkshoe, like me for instance, am I right in thinking I need to register/sign up to listen AND talk on a group? I signed up anyway, but just a heads up for any other newbies. Their website has a great video tutorial. I’ll be using a cellphone for access this time.