Kevin Flynn (aka "Flynn", Tron) vs Thomas Anderson (aka "Neo", The Matrix)

HACKED! Yes folks, the First Lady of the United States was revealed to be hacked yesterday. Her credit report and vital statics posted online. Her avid shopping of HerUniverse revealed to the world. Such an invasion of privacy for the closest thing America has to Kate Middleton. How dare the cyber warriors hit us so low!

Well, it turns out things have progressed rather mightily since the days of David Lightman and the WOPR. We no longer have the option to “not play the game” as Joshua puts it. Threats surround us and penetrate us on a regular basis. Hacker groups such as Anonymous and, according to President Barack Obama’s National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, entities in countries such as China routinely and constantly invade and exploit our cyber spaces. Our identities are stolen, our intellectualy property is plundered and our services are denied.

WHO CAN STOP THE MADNESS?

The Pentagon is rushing forth to develop teams to protect us. US Cyber Command was created in 2010 to address such issues. And Corporations are gearing up their resources to privately combat these threats.

But we already know a couple of successful cyber warriors. One helped defeat the big bad MCP (Master Control Program) back in 1982 and one has been successfully battling Agent Smith since 1999. If you had to choose ONE to provide you and your family protection against such embarrasing and potentially harmful cyber exploitations who would you choose? Mr. Anderson or Kevin Flynn?

Let The Grid Games Begin!

yeah… I’m for Flynn on this. Neo can bend the Matrix, but that isn’t the internet or Cyber Command.
Also, are we talking Flynn from Tron or Tron Legacy? Flynn from T1 was learning as he went along while TL Flynn is older (by hundreds of years), wiser and able to duplicate himself or shut down a cyber night club and turn everyone into his soldiers.
I’ll think more on this. I just woke up and this is my first go around.

I’ll admit I haven’t voted yet. I’m still stuck on thinking about the Woman In The Red Dress:

MatrixWomanInRedDress.jpg

…and thinking about Quorra

TronLegacyQuorraCouch.jpg

I’ll be in my bunk.

I’d pay real money to see that dance. lol

Wow - I didn’t expect this one to be in a dead heat (3-3 as of this post). Someone needs to break this tie up!

Neo, hands down. He can warp code to his will.

Did you even SEE Tron Legacy? He single handedly has influence to alter a battle:

//youtu.be/yY5ecnUA5dc

Plus look what he does to CLU:

//youtu.be/zD8v-goYl0E

That’s code warping if you ask me!

I dunno… CLU held him in check for how many cycles?

But did CLU ever find Flynn? Kind of a Data-Strategema sort of game from Star Trek The Next Generation.

And you can’t argue with his hideout pad either.

kevin-flynn-hideout.jpg

Good point; if I were holed up with Olivia Wilde, I’d be all like, “We better stay here awhile.” Too late to change my vote?

I vote for:

MISTER ANDERSON!

mostly because he knows kung fu.

//youtu.be/6vMO3XmNXe4

OB