Just started watching.

So I just started watching this series. I love netflix! I am very intrested to see where they are going with the show but sad to know that of course it was cancelled so whatever story arc they had in mind did not get realized.

Eliza does a good job with the different characters so far I have seen her play and she kicks ass. I love strong female roles. Almost makes me want to start working out to get her muscles if it was not so much work. Maybe if I did not have a job where I could stay home and work out all day :stuck_out_tongue:

I presume from the description you’re talking about Dollhouse :slight_smile:

I’m a fan too. It had it’s problems (which I mostly overlooked without even realizing it) but there were so many good parts it’s worth watching. And unlike so many early-canceled shows, it has a pretty good completion.

yeah, don’t worry about the story not realizing itself. Since they knew second season was goin to be their last, they made the best of it. It could use a couple more seasons to explorer topics more thoroughly, and Fox said no to a lot of Joss’ original vision. But you won’t feel like the story is left untold, everything plays out in the end. It won’t feel incomplete at all.

I don’t know how it is shown on Netflix, but please make sure you watch 1x13 Epitaph as the season 1 finale.

I couldn’t believe that they kept Dollhouse over Sarah Conner. I loved Dollhouse…but didn’t think it was the show that Sarah Conner was. That being said.

I thought that show was going to be tremendous. I wished that it could go on and on. I think that this show had the ability to be the show that networks claim to want 90% stand alone episodes. Dollhouse could have been a show with almost NO arc and remained a pretty cool show. Star Trek TOS had 0% arc and was considererd one of the best sci-fi shows ever.

You know, I still haven’t seen a single episode of Dollhouse!? It boggles even my imagination that I STILL haven’t watched any of it. Thanks for bringing it up again, you may be the kick in the butt I needed to finally ( !!! ) watch this show.

I think one of the Fox execs said very clearly that it wasn’t a case of choosing Dollhouse vs. Sarah… which leads me to believe that was exactly the case.

Topgun, both shows have rocky starts, which is pretty typical. I’d say season 2 of Dollhouse is better than season 2 of Sarah Chronorcles. But I own the Sarah Connor DVD and not Dollhouse, so take that for what it’s worth. My point, though, is that both are worth checking out, both require some patience, and both will reward your effort. Both shows really hit their stride and show you that they can go deep, deep, deep into their world/mythology/plots… then, BAM, over and done forever*.

(*There was talk of a Sarah Connor DVD movie to tie it up, which is why I chose to buy season 2. Vote with your dollars!)

It was & wasn’t. Sarah Connor was produced by an outside company. Dollhouse was Fox owned & produced. It was a matter of money & control

That said, Sarah Connor grabbed me WAY sooner than Dollhouse did. I also enjoyed it more. If I had to choose, I’d pick Sarah Connor