joss is truly my master now!

ok long time bsg/gwc fan but new to here…wasn’t into buffy but im almost done with firefly through netflix…up to “trash” and one more disc to go…i did see serenity on demand but that will be my next in the queue so ill know what the frak is really going on…dont know about going the brown coat route rhough… so there are some similarities to bsg huh? parts of the music i would guess bear m had to hear this stuff…the middle eastern duduk sound for one is the same as in bsg…also some of the doc style camera work…don’t get me wrong i think bsg has raised the bar but this came first…i liked joss on the sci fi fan reel and wonder why he hasn’t directed an episode?? anyone know? well looking forward to the rest and to dollhouse next year…i guess ill post more after ive completed the remaning shows/film…i get choked up after each ep…its so good!!

It was rumored that they wanted Joss to do an episode in Season 4, but conflicts didn’t allow it.

Ron has cited Firefly as part of the inspiration for the look of the show, even going so far as using the same visual effects company.

Enjoy the watch! All I can tell you is that the episodes never get old and only improve every time you rewatch them.

'till then. Stay shiny.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll get to the end of the series, and get mad. Not about the last episode, but the fact that the series ended. Treasure these moments. They are fleeting.

Which led to the cool cameo of a Firefly class ship in the BSG miniseries.

If you know where to look, the Enterprise also makes a cameo in the mini!

Yeah, I saw that. It’s really small. It’s very unlikely that someone could pick it out by accident.

could you tell where in the mini of those 2 cameos please? thanks!
ill be in my bunk!

firefly ship, when roslin is being told she has cancer
http://www.battlestar-galactica.fr/temp/database/dossiers/img/serenity.jpg

original enterprise, next to, behold! the spinny ship!
http://galacticaa.net/wp-content/images/enterprise.jpg

or like this
http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Image:Enterprise_in_fleet.jpg

Anybody see any clues as to where Joss would have taken such an episode? Would there have been hookers? Would the physically attractive Yo-Saff-Bridge have made an appearance? Would the Galactica have found Jaynestown?

That is so cool. I hadn’t heard/seen of either of these until now…my inner geek is very warm and content right now !!

I’m fairly certain there would have been at least one pretty girl kicking ass. So, no real change.

Sorry, Barb.

I hope there’s no implication that that’s a bad thing :smiley:

awsome thanks for those links…i would never had seen those! ill be in my bunk…

Heh. She’s on Life now, she plays Olivia, who’s about to marry Charlie’s Dad. Watching it, I remember thinking “Where have I seen that red-headed woman before? Craaaaap! That’s the crazy chic that married MAL! and then left him naked- Thank you for that, BTW! -on that planet!” After that, I kept waiting for her dastardly plan to be revealed…

Alan Tudyk would appear as the Cylon God. Although I’ve never heard nor seen anything to indicate that it was on purpose, Joss has turned every cast member of Firefly into an unstoppable killing machine when they appear on one of his other shows. Consider the evidence:

Nathan Fillion played Caleb on Buffy. On Angel, Gina Torres played Jasmine, and Adam Baldwin was Hamilton.

And it’s not just his shows:

Morena Baccarin was Adria on Stargate, and Summer Glau plays (played?) Cameron on Terminator.

Jewel Staite, inexplicably, is just a regular person on Stargate: Atlantis (at least as far we know yet). Ron Glass and Sean Maher haven’t appeared in any sci-fi or fantasy shows since Firefly (to my knowledge).

Apparently, when Fox struck them down, they really did become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. :slight_smile: