Jim Henson's The StoryTeller

When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories, the best place by the fire was kept for… The Storyteller.

Awesome series (at least the first season was I have never been able to find the second one). 9 Myths and Legends told with a combination of Jim Hensen studios best puppetry and human guest stars all framed with John Hurt (as the StoryTeller) and Brian Henderson as the story tellers dog.

Regardless I need to find the DVDs so I can educate my kids.

holy crap! This was one of my all-time favourite shows from the 80’s… and it would still stand up today as being non-campy.

I like that the stories featured in each episode were authentic fairy tales from all over that were not covered by Hans Christian Anderson nor the Grimm brothers.

squee Loved this show so much. I bought the DVDs when they came out, and love rewatching them. Did you know that Jason Carter (Marcus from Babylon 5) was in “Hans My Hedgehog” and Sean Bean was in… I think it was “Sapsorrow”?

Sean Bean was in The True Bride.

My favorite was The Soldier and Death

If this is a sack…then get in it

John Hurts delivery of the stories is great from the voice, the timing, everything. I really wish they’d made more

I loved this series! I wish they would revisit them since holly wood seems to be remaking a lot of things.