Jane Hats.... Get your Jane Hats!

Well not really. sorry.

My Wife son and I were in COSCO and I saw a boy who was maybe 17, with his MOM. The boy had on one of the best Jane hats I have ever seen. He also looked like several cats had used his breakfast cereal for litter box.
When he got close enough to me, I caught his eye and said rather loud…“Nice Jane hat…I like it. I like it a lot”

His face lit up, He smiled broadly and said “thanks”…

As he was walking away wth his Mom I heard him say…“that Man knows what a Jane hat is… its not bad… you should watch the show…”

I hope I did some small part in reinforcing his willingness to be himself and wear a Jane hat no matter what his mom thinks or the other people or the fact that it was almost 80 degrees F outside…

You go kid… see you out in the Black…

Awesomesauce!

most cool indeed

“Man walks down the street in a hat like that, you know he’s not afraid of anything.”
~Wash, in “The Message.”

Tease!

That’s awesome…you made his day dude! :slight_smile:

Great story ! Very cunning.
Makes you want to break out into song:
“Jayne, the man they call Jayne…”

This story makes me day… fraking shiny!

(is it legal to use those two words in the same sentence?)

I saw that same Kid again at a Soccer clinic my son was participating in. He must of been there for a younger sibling…YES. HE HAD IS JANE HAT ON! It was about 90 degrees and humid.

I wondered over that way, (he as about three, “fields” away (5 year old’s soccer fields, i don’t have bionic eyes.)) as I got closer, I heard some boys “talking” loudly near him, saying " must be gonna snow", “Yeah it sure is cold out here”
The young man in the Jane hat was ignoring them. As I got near to him, I said loudly enough that the other boys could hear…“Are they bothering you?” And He smiled and said…

" No. Not at all. They laugh at me cause I am different. I laugh at them cause they are all the same."

I think he is gonna be OK.

Wow. I finally know what I want on my tombstone. That is shiny.

BTW, what I can’t figure out is why the kid is wearing the Jayne hat and hadn’t watched Firefly…how does that work?

Jayne didn’t watch Firefly either…

Proof positive that the Jane hat actually makes you cooler

The irony of that statement always makes me laugh

You made me very sad.

OK here you go… http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19076.20