James T Kirk (TOS) v Jean-Luc Picard (TNG)

Me too. Me too. Master vs. Student. It would be EPIC.

That’s right. I used EPIC. What? WHUT??!??

Kirk is Raylan Givens … Picard is Dewey Crowe

//youtu.be/yT2i2UylxJ0

OB

and then there’s this …

//youtu.be/dhcR-w-56tA

The entire construct of the character of JLP would never allow for this powerful a scene. Kirk and Spock … absolutely … Picard … not in this life or the next.

Did Picard really have a friend … really?

OB

FT … see below … the horde is coming.

//youtu.be/YlOxiwGLAkY

OB

Kirk is “Mister White” … Picard is “Nice Guy Eddy”

//youtu.be/z0s6zZJdsZo

OB

How is Kirk not winning?

Kirk == Winters … Picard == Sobol

//youtu.be/MTRZRRlA4sw

OB

Even though I’m baffled that Kirk is done one vote 10-9 right now I think that this poll represents the great diversity we have here in GWC spanning 50+ years of science fiction. Thank you all for participating and bringing your point of view to be heard here in GWC.

Oh captain, my captain …

//youtu.be/UJsjNNp0foE

OB

Down goes Frazier … Down goes Frazier !! look it up.

WHEN you are old and gray and full of sleep
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true;
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face.

And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead,
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.
– Yeats

fill your hearts, fill your hands … fight until your lungs scream. There is no fault in losing, only in silence. – OB

OB the Fight Club clip was great!

OK Kirk was my first Capt. I simply love Kirk. Brash, loyal, impulsive, a man of action, supremely self-confident, capable, resourceful, relaxed with himself. Man with equal shares of honor and practicality. A warrior. (BTW, I think the new Kirk, Chris Pine is so totally Kirk. He absolutely nailed it.). So of course I love Kirk, always have, always will.

Now Jean Luc Picard, he’s my 2nd Capt, and when I first saw him I said to myself, “You’ve got to be kidding. A skinny, middle-aged bald guy?” But halfway through the Season 1, recognized his quality and I was in love with Capt Picard. I could go on and on about it, but I won’t.

So, I love them both. I really can’t compare them.
One is an exquisite example of a superior man of action in his prime, full of life and vigor.
The other a man of ethics and principles at that stage in life when maturity begins to flirt with wisdom.
Both are extremely attractive.
So my vote is for both.
Kirk & Picard I love both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hate I missed the poll but my vote would have been for Kirk. I grew up with the movies and TNG. And while I enjoyed TNG, I always looked forward to a new release of Kirk’s movies. There just was a lot of action in the movies and TNG was more of a moral type of show with almost no action scenes. It seemed to me in TNG the only time you had any real ship fights was when Riker was put in charge. But Kirk will even fight when he has no shields (see star trek 2)and holes are being put in his ship(see star trek 6).