iTunes and podcast earlier than #66...

I’m re-doing my ipod and iTunes, but can’t seem to get iTunes to download any podcast ealier than #66. Is there a work around to this?

Thanks,
Mike

I wanted to listen to podcast number 23 “Very Jerry talks Matrix”, so I just searched the blog, saved it, then “drag & dropped” it into my Itunes. Works like a charm. Hope this helped .:slight_smile:

You should send a PM to Chuck about this as I believe all the podcasts are still available via the feed. Can anyone else confirm that prior to #66 are not available?

They are not. It’s the last fifty shows, so I’m guessing it’s a limitation of either the RSS feed or iTunes itself.

Manual download from the site should work.

It’s a limitation of my wallet. :frowning:

We used to bump the feed up to 200+ items to make sure the whole list was available via the standard iTunes feed, but the bandwidth was killing us. So I scaled it back to 50.

The easiest way to get the older files is as recommended above: download the files directly from the link on the blog. You can then either drag them into the iTunes library or listen to them directly – they’re just plain 'ole MP3 files.

Limitation of the wallet? I don’t understand. When I signed on last November Solai instructed me to send him $100 per week in unmarked bills as a fee for my participation in the Forum. Doesn’t everyone else pay the same? :smiley:

You’re getting hosed Thot. I’m only sending in $25…

You are both paying the same rate: per post, not a straight monthly subscription fee.

Everyone else is behind on their payments! GalaxyRanger…for the last time you cannot pay me in innuendo.

I’ve got the earlier ones backed up. I’ll try to collect them and put them up as a bundle somewhere.

That remind of when a friend of mine and I both got into mountain biking. I paid around $600 for my bike, and he paid over $1000 for his much fancier bike. But after a while it was clear that he kinda paid less in terms of value because he rode his every fraking day, and I only rode mine once every couple weeks.

I think this explains why GalaxyRanger is so adamant about not being from Jersey. If I am not mistaken I believe that Solai is in New York. This would make it convening for GR to swing by on the weekend or monthly to deliver his “payment” IYKWIM. After all, innuendo is never as good as the real thing. Whatever that may be. :smiley:

Does anyone think we should make a torrent for maybe the first 100 episodes? Would this make it easier for everyone who hasn’t listened to the earlier goodness? Doesn’t it still cost $$ to host or supply bandwidth for downloads from the blog?

Everyone should here the GWC message. That is why, when I travel I burn GWC cd’s and leave them in place of the bibles in my hotel room. Everyone, please help in spreading the good word. If we can start a religion we can save Chuck some hard earned $$$ from taxes and Solai could take a break from sending members to “sleep with the fishes”. :eek:

Not a bad idea, although I wonder if we could seed properly. How many people keep a client going 24/7?

Thank you. I am interested in finally going back to hear what the podcast sounded like before I appeared.

Here’s the scoop:

Though the blog does incur bandwidth charges when it sends out the XML RSS feed, our podcast hosting deal does not charge for bandwidth – but does use the downloads to determine our participation in revenue (small though it is) from Audible and such sponsors. So downloading from the standard source incurs no additional cost for us and helps to increase the chances of GWC becoming self-sustaining one day.

In short, there’s no reason not to download directly from the blog links. It doesn’t cost us anything, and you’ll get pretty decent download rates. In fact, if you want to “do best by GWC,” that’s the best way you can help us.

Of course, you’re welcome to get and listen to GWC however you like. :slight_smile:

I’ll make everyone a deal, though: I’ll create a stickied thread in the podcasts forum and add a direct link to every podcast to date if someone else (Pike?) would be willing to update it, adding the current link for each week when it comes out. That way everyone here can have quick access.

I’m sure there are at least half a dozen of us who would be willing to keep the seeding alive. Count me in.

Sound like Alpaca Herder is volunteering for the position as savior in this religion. It sound very similar to Christianity. Before he appeared there was a flock of Alpaca’s lost in the wilderness. Until one man with the ability to shepard the flock arrived and lead them out of the bondage placed upon them by the evil Lord Skiffy. :smiley:

Hrmm. What about hosting packages of, say, groups of ten?

Of course. I do the same thing when I travel. Sometimes if the drawer is a little cramped, I first remove Gideon’s bible have the concierge Fed-ex it back to god, then I insert the GWC CD.:eek:

Solai also does not accept cookies. Last time GR sent me some, I tried to substitute them, but no dice.

I wonder if you sent it ground freight, would it ever make it to him? If you send it over night it may make it but you may have to sell your soul to meet the hefty fees they charge to heaven. BTW-what would the postal code be there? I know hell is 66666. :smiley: