Iron Man vs Master Chief

it’s alright for the Master Chief if his suit fails, because if Iron Man’s suit is also not working, the advantage definitely goes to Master Chief.

Here’s another take on the battle, of course it’s not really the Master Chief, it’s multiplayer in Reach vs Iron Man/Tony Stark. Still funny as hell.

Watch out for the f-bomb, kiddies!

http://www.dotswoof.com/opticaloverload/comic.php?topicNum=303

ROFL, that was great. Esp the part about going toe to toe with the Big Green Guy. So true how that could go that way though.

everytime this thread is bumped, i read it as Iron Chef v.s. Master Chef

god help us all :eek:

still stark wins both are an army in one but stark is smarter.

Given that I have been a Halo fan since I was 10 and an Iron Man fan since I was 12, I think I am qualified to shed some light on the battle. So lets start with the Master Chief circa Halo 3:
Estimated bench strength is in the two ton range.
His shield is capable of blocking sustained bursts from ballistic weapons, while a high powered sniper rifle can lower it in one. It should also be pointed out that energy weapons are more effective at lowering shields do to issues with heat dissipation.
His top recorded speed was a 65 mph sprint however he did tear his Achilles tendon from the strain. In combat he would want to NOT hurt himself, putting his top speed around 50 mph.
His reaction time is approximately 20 milliseconds, compared to a humans 150 to 300.
While the Mjolnir armor is very protective against kinetic trauma, energy is another matter entirely, with a plasma sword cutting through it with little effort.
Weaponry would be a standard MA5C Assault Rifle, Halo 1 era pistol, 3 frag grenades, 3 plasma grenades, and a plasma rifle
Now for Iron Man:
Bench press is difficult to calculate, due to the fact that the movies dont give benchmarks and the mark 6 was not thoroughly explored in the comics. However, it can be estimated to be around the two ton range, based the the fact that in Iron Man 1 he is able to catch an Audi Q5 which weighs 2 tons.
Iron Man Mark 6 has no energy shields
Top airspeed is around 1300 miles per hour. this is based on his ability to keep up with an F 22 at cruising speed. His ground speed, however, is much slower, on par with an average human.
While Tony Stark has an average human reaction time, Jarvis would have a reaction time on par with the Master Chief, allowing him to exhibit executive command of the suit and move out of harms way.
The Iron Man suit has shown to be very resilient, being unaffected by small arms fire, and only staggered by a tank shell with no damage to show. It is Hardly damaged by energy based weapons and can withstand large amounts of physical trauma (best showcased by the thor fight and being stuck in the helicarriers propeller)
Standard loadout would be repulsors, unibeam (last resort due to high energy requirements), back-of-hand lasers (one time use), shoulder mounted munition pods, wrist mounted missiles, and hip mounted flares.
Now, as we can see in a pure all out fist fight they are both hitting equally as hard with equal reaction times. On the other hand Master chief can move a lot faster while Iron Man can take numerous blows without any damage. A fistfight between the two would similar to a matrix fight, with blows launching each other across the room, only to get back up and keep fighting.
In the case of ranged weapons, advantage goes to Iron Man. Ballistic weapons are nigh useless, while the plasma rifle can at most melt off the paint. Plasma and frag grenades are similarly useless. Iron Man has energy based weapons with a much faster travel time, making them near impossible to dodge while quickly draining shields. Once shields are gone, missiles would do large amounts of damage, while energy based weapons would melt the armor (a lowly plasma pistol was enough to melt the armor on a spartans lower back).
It would be a drawn out fight, and very fun to watch but master chief simply does not have the fire power or the strength to damage the Iron Man suit. The only way the Chief could win would be mutually assured destruction by detonating the fusion reactor in his suit and killing them both. And for those of you that will ask, we will not go into Jarvis v Cortana because there is no where near enough information to decide.