Iron Man (An Avenger) vs The Doctor (Doctor Who, Time Lord)

This week, I’m pitting these two technological geniuses against each other. The alien with two hearts versus the man with an arc reactor keeping his heart going. The man with the power-armed suit versus the TARDIS. The man with a sonic screwdriver versus the man with JARVIS. They are both geniuses (Yes, I know I said that already). They are now going head-to-head in our GWC Geek Deathmatch. Who will win? Let us know why you voted your choice too, cause I think this one’s going to get a little messy.

I have a small issue with this, in that the Doctor is, at hearts, a pacifist. I’ll have to think (brood) on it, and get back to you, Shooter.

The Doctor may, at his hearts, be a pacific, but he has done significant damage in his, forgive the pun, time. Need I list the exhaustive specific examples?

Need I Cite the fact that Tony Stark is pure awesomeness contained in a suit of armor?

Keir, I thot about this too and struggled. Then it occured to me The Doctor would win hands down in a Pacifist way: Takes out his Sonic, turns off the Ironman suit trapping Tony inside. Win. And no one dies.

Gawd I hate repeating myself :

again ( with feeling) … two words:

Pepper Potts

OB

But then Stark builds himself a sonic-proof suit and come right back at The Doctor.

So how would a WOOD suit work since that is a sonic screwdriver’s nemesis?

You said wood.

I could guess 1,000 different ways. A sonic distruption field? A hardened wood or other organic material based suit? Technology to disable The Doctor’s screwdriver? I don’t know. And I don’t have to. Tony Stark will make it happen.

People. He won’t have the chance. Two men enter the cage. Doctor leaves. In a rematch? Different story. Maybe.

Okay Solai, you can’t have it both ways. If you and Keir truly believe that The Doctor is a pacifist at his hearts, Iron Man will survive to fight another day. (I do not share that view by the way and think if it is truly a fight to the death The Doctor will not give Mr. stark a second chance).

If Iron Man returns, he will defeat The Doctor. So if you believe The Doctor to be a pacifist he will be defeated by Iron Man. End Of Line.

After IM3 I feel completely justified … in the future if anyone floats “Iron Man versus {insert name here}” please some one post “Two words … Pepper Potts” reply.

I do get tired repeating myself :slight_smile:

OB

Now Iron Man versus James T Kirk … we might have a problem.

So… Tony Stark is a Dalek?
Both can fly
Both have a suit of armour
Both have futuristic weapons

But whereas Tony Stark has Pepper Potts, daleks look like, errr pepperpots…
http://www.davidshure.com/images/silver/pepper-pots/d3322/xl/d3322-silver-pepper-pots-1.jpg

Oops… Double post!