Ingress / Niantic labs

The world around you is not what it seems…

A complex, rich back story leads one in to Ingress (currently android only) mobile altered reality game from Niantic labs, a whooly owned google subsidiary.

Exotic matter is leaking in to our world, controlled apaprently by the shapers, aliens of unknown purpose. Two sides exist, the enlightened want to embrace these aliens and “uplift” humanity to the next stage of evolution, the resitance want to fight this and keep humans as they are.

A simplified introduciton in to this quite complex game. I am Phazedout, resistance level 9 player, one wanders about the local area (on foot for me, although many people drive) and interacts wiht “portals” usually local landmarks of varying levels of merit. I started playing back in november but for complex reasons switched form enlightened to resistance in March.

I was wondering do any of the other GWC people play? resitance or enlightened? This game gets me out and walking and although it is primarily a social game, I spent a happy two hours this evening wandering around hacking the 12 portals near me.

Thoughts?
Alan