I'm just sayin'

Hey guys…

OK – I’m gonna be honest here – this may not be as good as Sean’s blog But, I just wanted to share a few quick thots about the meetup….

First, let me say I am an unrepentant GWC geek. I started listening to the ‘cast back at around #25, or so. I remember really kinda feeling right at home from the start. Chuck, Audra and Sean were fans of Galactica, true…but there was more to it than that. There was a budding sense of community……even before the actual “community” that we now call our own. Then the forum started and soon, I found that there were some folks who didn’t just like Galactica, but Star Wars, Star Trek, Matrix and on and on and on. And then comics, and TV shows and books and the list just kept growing. And wherever you turned, there was someone (and it many cases a LOT of someones) who shared your love for this show or that movie or that book or those comics. You didn’t just have someone who shared your enjoyment, but people you could bounce ideas off of. (for cryin’ out loud—there is a thread about Bacon!! How frakkin OSSIM is that??)

It was that same feeling of belonging and inclusiveness that I felt this past weekend. it was like experiencing the Forum outside of the computer. Everywhere you turned, there was someone who enjoyed what you did and added to it. Had a great discussion about Caprica with other GWCers, that was coherent even after a few shots. :smiley: It was something I had missed out on last year, and was thrilled to be a part of it now.

I also wanted to say that without Chuck, Sean and Audra…we would not have what we have now. And it is to them I will be eternally grateful and humbled to be a part of. So, from the bottom of my heart – THANK YOU.

I will admit—I was a little awestruck at meeting Chuck, Audra and Sean the first time. (Like I said, unrepentant GWC-geek). Hoping to hell I wouldn’t say something stupid. Next thing I knew I was talking with Chuck about Star wars comics, Audra about movies and religion, and Sean about DEBS and Death Note, like I had known them since forever.

The GWCers I met (and those I still haven’t)…well, OSSIM doesn’t come close. We’re more than a bunch of sci-fi geeks, we’re more than a community, we’re more than a Hivemind. We’re a family. .…the fact you’ve touched my life is a blessing……the fact I can count myself among you is an honor.

I’m gonna stop before I get even more misty-eyed than I am now….just wanted to say…so say we all.

Peace out…

Well said my friend, very well said.

So say we all!

It is an honor and blessing to know you, Operator. Well put.

i must chime in and say most definitly to Operator’s post! it was wonderful to meet everyone… i’m not much of a forum poster, but i do read most everything, and i’m semi active on twitter and follow a lot of folks…

putting faces/voices with names/nicknames was a great experience… i so wish we all lived closer together so we could get together every weekend… lol…

Our hope and dream is to create GWCville.

We can do that in Second Life.

Dibbs on the Lawn.

Thank you dear Operator for putting word in the awsomenest of the week-end!

And thank you to all of you for being who you are, seem simple but it’s not!!!

So true, Operator! It was a great weekend, and a lot of fun to meet people in person. Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year…:smiley:

Ditto on all counts. And it was a pleasure driving through a blizzard and singing along to Journey with you, Chris and Haley. But dude, don’t think about The Sopranos. :wink:

So say we all, Operator. I wish we would have had more time together. Next shot is on me! =)

So say we all, Dave!

I’ve never in my life met such a group of people that I can just sit right down and talk to anyone without fear of embarrassment for being too geeky. You all are the best group of people I’ve ever known. Every last one of you. I love you all.

Now, two projects that must begin soon: We must break ground on GWCville, and we’ve got one epic movie to film! :smiley:

So say we all.

If I may quote my favorite Harry Potter character:

“I enjoyed the meetings, too,” said Luna serenely. “It was like having friends.”

So say we all.

Psst… This can be the touching/endearing scene in the movie.

/snicker

Oh Jbob you always make it funny

Word.

I didn’t think it would be possible for me to have had a better time than I did last year, but I did thanks to all of you.

Since the trailer’s going to be 3 hours long, maybe we should aim to have that done by next year’s meetup.

You planning on shooting most of the trailer at the “Get N Git”? And the rest on the road yelling “Hey Cow!” ?

You have no idea how happy I was to see you sitting there at the airport on Monday. :smiley: Sorry you missed your flight, but very glad for your company. Stay warm! :slight_smile: