I require some technical support please

Time to switch to TOR, The Onion Router?

wut dat mean

TOR would be slower than the anonymizing proxy he’s using right now. More trustworthy, but slower.

Only thing I’m accessing it with is gwc so meh I’ll take the speed even if it doesn’t always refresh properly

Ok, so no active content filtering on at your router, your hosts file doesn’t loopback the domain, the domain resolves just fine, and every other site works fine…

I’d have to conclude your ISP is blocking the site. Sorry, dude, I wish I could be more helpful, but that’s what it looks like to me.

Luckily these content filtering at ISPs get added and taken out all the time, so it might go away at soon. But as of right now, it appears you’re out of luck for the moment. You could call and ask your ISP to unblock it, but it’s highly unlikely that the tech support rep knows anything about it…

In a few days to a few weeks they might stop filtering it.

Well, if you set up TOR, you’d be routing through TOR for everything, not just one site. You might as well keep using your anonymizing proxy site, if you are using it just for one site.

If you are security consious and paranoid like I am, then routing everything through TOR is a good option. A total overkill, otherwise.

Yeah a friend of mine, though different ISP and what not, had the same type of deal with facebook a few months back. Went away after a week. Guess I’ll just keep using the proxy and wait till I can use gwc normally. No big

Yeah, dude.

You see, I think this site is hosted on a shared-ip virtual-hosting site. So, it’s many domain names on the same ip address. I’m guessing one of those domains is a major phishing douchebag that went ape-sh*t within the last week or so. I bet all the ISPs detected it and just blocked the IP address, thereby blocking every domain that shares the same IP also. (Which would explain why the site was inaccessible a few days ago). As soon as the perpetrators were dealt with (intertube police throws the phisher/spammer into the east river), most ISPs unblocked the IP address, except Optimum online is taking their sweet ol’ time.

At least that’s what I’m guessing is going down.

I’m thinking that it was more a number of characters allowed issue.

It’s totally a forward-thinking idea. For you tech heads, we do indeed host the blog, podcast, and forum in different locations. Since we’re using rather low-buck hosting (which still actually adds up to a pretty hefty fee each month, especially since we’re going to have to move the blog soon as it’s pulling enough traffic to tick off the cheap-ass host) we thought it’d be better to keep our eggs in different baskets. That way when the blog goes down, the forum’s still there. And visa versa.

The podcast files themselves are hosted with Libsyn, who does an incredible job. Yeah, the system goes down once or twice a year, but they also make it possible for podcasts like us to survive. We couldn’t afford to pay traffic fees on the 'cast – it’d kill us. One day we’ll see tons of advertisers – or maybe land a syndication gig – and it’ll be all sweetness and light. But for now, thankfully Libsyn provides.

Back to the missing “a.” We’ve been looking to make the change for some time, mainly because we feel that we just can’t serve the community as well as we’d like with a someone-else’s-intellectual-property name. By losign the “a” we can issue a new run of fun merch and other neat stuff. We’ve got a full site re-design – including some bad-ass new graphics from Sean – that changes the name. But we haven’t had time to get it out because we’ve been traveling a lot and trying to execute the blog site move.

Anyway, there you go. All the secrets laid bare. (Kidding.)

Brought to you by Quiznos

:smiley:

It has just been revealed that Chuck podcasts in the nude.

somehow, I don’t see Sean being okay with that :smiley:

Toasty…

Hey guys, Is there any way to post (embed) a video to the forum besides the youtube link or doing a animated gif?

Somehow I don’t see Audra being 100% ok with that either. I mean, really, I would be way to giggly to do anything constructive. :smiley:

Can you give an example of what you are trying to do?

He probably means like embedding a Google Video video or MyVideo video etc.

No. Each format requires a separate plugin for the forum (assuming it has even been written.) Currently we only support youtube vids.

You know this is still going on almost a frakkin month later? It’s seriously cutting down on my post count