I found something....what is it?....does anyone want it?

OK so I don’t know much about doctor who don’t exterminate me. However I was routing through some boxes in the garage and came across this little doctor who curiosity and thought someone in GWC would love to have it.

Basically its a board game, i think its from 1979 and it appears to never have been played. Most of the playing pieces are still attached to the card and all are present.

It gets a little strange though because it looks like its been produced from a club in my home town. Looks like this must have belonged to someone who was a member of the British 4D Association and there are local and national clubs and matches and stuff. Everything is pretty much in mint condition which is really amazing as its got to be 32 years old.

There are game instructions

And a bunch of Club Notices and News Letters

I don’t know if this is particularly rare or sought after but I’m not going to really get as much out of it as a real Doctor Who fan. I’ve done a but of poking on the internet but this time Google is not giving me many answers so if anyone can tell me more about this then I would really like to hear from you.

Also if anyone really really wants this then I might me looking to give this to a good home might need to just cover the shipping costs if they are going to be high though.

interesting artifact from the past. Someone should let Artie and Claudia know :slight_smile:

Looks a bit like a stylized game of Djambi perhaps?
The best man at my wedding created a version we would spend our lunch hours mutating.
I never had the heart to tell him that 3+ player chess always struck me as “cumbersome”.

GWC is a great place for mind pilfering regarding such things.
For this particular piece, you may want to ask some of the folks at Board Game Geek as well.
I should warn you though, some of the BGG crowd can be … umm … “intense”.

Good hunting to you :slight_smile:

Un-Related Musical link.

//youtu.be/2gQEDwjhaDE&ob

I will ensure to don my intensity armour… thanks oddball

Humm BGG Forum looks complicated and alien… I suddenly find a new respect for the GWC Forum… I think I will come back to BGG when I feel ready to face it