I can no longer support the Jedi

Vader was Luke’s trial. Jedi must complete them before becoming a full Jedi.

Yeah I know…it just felt a LOT to me that Lucas wrote himself in a corner and hurried to tie EVERYTHING up in one movie, and still use those AWFUL Ewoks, it’s why to me ROTJ is the worst of the series, the whole damn thing just came off as WEAK to me…

Yeah and it’s sad because I actually liked the basic plot, and the Emperor’s plan, and how it all came together in the end. Just all the fuzzy teddy bears and the James-Bond style mostly-unrelated opening sequence at Jabba’s Palace. Not that it was bad, it just didn’t have anything to do with the actual story.

I always had a theory that it WASN’T the Ewoks that helped the Rebels win the day, but it was Palpatine getting tossed over the edge that won the day that somehow Palpy was still controlling his clone army somehow and without the head the body didn’t know what to do…per say…yeah it’s got holes in it…but what doesn’t in this movie?? :cool:

I always had a theory that it WASN’T the Ewoks that helped the Rebels win the day, but it was Palpatine getting tossed over the edge that won the day that somehow Palpy was still controlling his clone army somehow and without the head the body didn’t know what to do…per say…yeah it’s got holes in it…but what doesn’t in this movie??

Yes and no. In the EU they explain that the Emperor did have some kind of effect on his armies which made them slightly more efficient overall. But, if I remember correctly, the Emperor was still alive while the battle with the Ewoks was going on.

Personally, I think they should have just gone with the original plan, and had Wookies instead of Ewoks on Endor…

It’s hard to tell from the timing of the movie…it’s possible and likely Luke’s fight with Vader is simultaneous to the battle on Endor, and if so it does make me feel a little better on the tide being turned… I don’t care what your numbers are…armor and lasers >>>>> midgets, rocks and twigs :stuck_out_tongue:

And Lucas said he always had a fantasy of a big technological Empire being overthrown by primitives… which is why he made the changes since via Chewie he showed the Wookies could hang in the Universe…

It still irks me to this day that a highly trained Clone Army that ambushed and whipped the Jedi got owned by some midgets with twigs…it breaks the first rule of Sci-Fi establish a universe and stick to the rules NO MATTER WHAT so the silly rules of the universe stay believable!

Well, that presupposes that the Stormtroopers of the ANH->RotJ era are still clone troopers. I subscribe to the idea that by that time, it’s built on conscripts and that the vast majority of Clone troopers have died of old age (as a result of the artificial aging that built them so quickly).

That’s a more plausible idea. If I remember right back when ANH first came out. There were ads placed for stormtrooper recruitment. Now to the trouble of finding them.

Ah, but who is to say Palpy didn’t whip up a batch of NEW clones… maybe from one of the original series (or he was a real smart cookie and had a second set grown without the aging process too? )

the power of conjecture :cool:

Luke’s rescue wasn’t a complete disaster. If he hadn’t come, Vader would have captured the Falcon after it left the planet because the hyperdrive was still disabled.

Sure, R2D2 is the real hero here, but Luke did save some of his friends and his sister…and he got a bitchin’ mechanical hand out of the deal. :wink:

But I must admit, the Jedis in the prequels aren’t the good guys. They are completely suckered by the Sith, and while it’s not easy to see the whole Jedi massacre, that’s the price they pay for their arrogance.

Btw, I’m not sure if this is common knowledge for most folks, but Han Solo use to be an imperial agent who was ordered to execute Chewbacca, but decided to free him instead, and cut all ties to the empire. I think that is one of the reasons Han Solo was tortured by Darth Vader in Empire, and wasn’t interrogated.

I think pain and suffering triggers Jedi visions. Like Anakin had them of his mother and Padme when they were in pain. Vader knows Luke is his son, so he figured it would work to lure Luke too. Like father, like son and all that.

Han’s past isn’t widely known though, you’re right.

I agree that the Jedi have been painted in a completely different picture in the EU. I’ve been reading the entire Republic Commando/Imperial Commando series, as well as other books, Cartoons, and comics that deal with the Clone Wars, Knights of the Old Republic, etc, and the and the underlining theme is that the Jedi do indeed have this arrogance and self-righteous attitude that they alone can dictate the lives of the non-force sensitive beings. I tend to believe that the Jedi deserved what they got in Order 66. Oh well, the Sith aren’t any better though

Well in the prequels the Jedi are like a monastic order. Purity through devotion to the ideal. No close relations ect. This is GL’s swipe at the catholic church. In the EU now they aren’t trying to be saints. That doesn’t mean they are drunken braggarts either. Take for example Leia, she is a Jedi but also understands the rest of her surroundings. That and being married and having kids who succeed to varying degrees. In the old republic days this would have cause for them to be removed from the order. You figure plenty of force sensitives were turned to the dark side by this. In the end it was their own blind faith that did them in.

Love the name: orionpax

Okay, so going through the Prequels I can’t believe that I completely bypassed it or something. Qui-gon was considered a ‘rogue’ because he continuously defied the Jedi Council and went ahead and paid attention to the Living Force which was contrary to Yoda who always emphasized awareness of the future. Yet, it seemed like (according to only the Movies, not the EU) that Qui-gon achieved such a connection with the Force that he was able to ‘return from the dead’ and communicate to Yoda and later on Obi-wan. With that said, Qui-gon seemed to get it right and help those around him because he was in tune with the Living Force (thus sensing the Force in Anakin). Had the Council given heed to Qui-gon and the Prophecy, they should’ve encouraged Anakin more instead of treating him so badly. You have Anakin who grew up as such a humble little boy and then you hit Episode 2 he is such a reckless, arrogant little punk. The only one who was ever praising him was Palpatine.

Another thing that irked me (now this is following the EU) is that Ki Adi Mundi is the only member (known) of the Jedi Order to be allowed to have a family because of the ratio of men to women on his home planet. I find that pretty funny because it seems like Yoda and Yaddle are the only ones of their kind…I digress…

The Order should’ve listened to Qui-gon and really see Anakin as the one who would bring Balance to the Force. It’s too bad that they realized that 20+ years later.