Howl's Moving Castle Frak Party 1/4 @ 2 PM ET

When an unconfident young woman is cursed with an old body by a spiteful witch, her only chance of breaking the spell lies with a self-indulgent yet insecure young wizard and his companions in his legged, walking home.

Sunday, January 4th, 2009
2PM Eastern, 11AM Pacific, 7PM UK/Ireland,
8 PM Germany, 4 AM (Mon) Seoul, 6 AM (Mon) Melbourne

Howl’s Moving Castle

Another completely magical movie from Miyazaki. Come join us as we finish up a long run of Studio Ghibli films. If you liked Spirited Away than you’ll love this also. If you don’t have a copy or can’t get one you can check it out here.

Ah, craaap! I got this really beautiful rip, but it’s in Japanese, with no subtitles. Craaaaap!

You could Google search for some subs or start the link below and start the rip at the same time. You would be listening to the steaming audio and watching the better video quality. That is what I did with Steamboy.

I’m not on broadband here, so not an option. Where could I find the subs?

Try this link and choose one that looks like it matches your rip. You shouldn’t have a problem opening it in VLC player.

You guys are on dial up?:eek:

Sorry y’all. This got voted down by my daughters. They want to play Barbie Island Princess for the Wii. :frowning:

You don’t need to use your daughters to defect attention away from the fact you would rather play Barbie Island Princess than Frak with us. It’s okay, be true to your heart. :wink:

How’s it coming Badger?

That’s the thing. They won’t let me play. The Wii has taken over “my” HDTV. :frowning: So I’ve made my way to the basement and started up Howl’s on my computer.

Where are you at?

Oh. We’re waiting for Badger. I could convert my DVD subs for ya.

I was waiting to see if Badger could get his going. I twitted DP but haven’t heard anything. I’m ready to go.

I was under the impression that the Wii wasn’t capable of HD. I guess 1080p isn’t a requirement for Barbie Island Princess. :wink:

Wii is not HD. But it is the biggest monitor in the house. Daughters win everytime.

OK, I think I’m ready to go. The file’s MKV, which I could view in MPC but couldn’t access the subs. Moving over to VLC made all the difference, although I dislike the program in general.

Wow. That was geeky. :slight_smile:

Have you guys already started?

This castle reminds me of Baba Yaga and her hut on chicken legs. :slight_smile:

Maybe you can use the whole Digital TV hoopla next month to “trick” them into believing it won’t work on that TV after then. :rolleyes:

Ready, let’s go.

Why don’t you like VLC?

I guess I don’t really dislike it, it’s just that I prefer Media Player Classic. The mouse wheel controls volume, and click anywhere can pause and unpause the video. Just a more intuitive interface.

So where are you guys, so I can sync up?

Just over 9 min in, Howl just dropped Sophie off.