How it all happened - SOLVED

Ok, probably not really solved, but it makes sense to me:

At the end of the Cylon war, the final five (who were born on Earth to Cylon parents from the previous cycle) arrive and make a deal with the toasters. They work the technology and create the seven skin jobs we have come to know and love. The #1 model has a glitch in his programming and hates being a replicated human model, so he devises a plan.

The #7 model, Daniel, discovers the plan and John destroys his model before he can leak word back to the Final Five. However, one awake #7 escapes and hides in human society, where he gets married and has a child (Kara Thrace). Before he escaped, he implants a tonal code into the minds of the FF, knowing that one day they would need to be awoken again. He then teaches his daughter this tonal code. He later has to leave his daughter in order to put the code at certain road maps along the way.

John continues with his plan, which is to destroy humanity and punish his creators. He wipes the memory of the FF (or at least hides their active memories at the time), subjugates the toasters (who were the ones who wanted him created in the first place) and removes the memories of the FF from the memories of the remaining six models. He then sets up this faux Cylon democracy and manipulates the remaining models into agreeing to destroy humanity.

In the end, the only real way of everything coming to light and to save the remainder of humanity is to find the Daniel model, who seems to be the only one who knows all and can stop John (at least according to my theory).

That’s not a bad theory!

Interesting theory, though it doesn’t explain how Hera knew the music/tonal code.

I have a theory on that as well. Hera is…just really, really creepy. She’s the type of kid that stands over you while you sleep and stares at you.

On a serious note, I have been thinking that it had to do with her being a hylon. Not only that, but she has never had her cylon nature hidden, so she can embrace the things that she can do/hear/see, etc. Remember when Anders turned off the raider? He only did that after he knew what he was. It was a latent ability, but one only available once he had an idea that he was a Cylon. If Kara is a hylon, she has no idea and thus needed to be taught the song.

Hell, maybe Hera is tuned to hear the song like the FF, and, in her creepiness, can write sheet music with crayons.

The Five were creating the 8 models during their flight from Earth. Don’t know about the colony that Cavil & Ellen mention, but for Cavil to have killed them in an airlock it implies being in space or some bad environment.

What hasn’t been explained is how Cavil & the other six models meet up with the Colonial toasters and how the skinjobs them took over.

???

I may have to rewatch some episodes, but I do not remember anything to imply that they created the other models on their way from earth. I was under the understanding that they arrived to the toasters and said they’d help them build the skin jobs if they called off the war. I also don’t remember any references to any of them being air locked, but I’ll have to watch again.

As far as the colony goes, on the podcast they keep going back to how small the fleet is. I seem to remember that there is still a Cylon home world filled with Cylons. May millions or billions on a hidden planet. Am I wrong? Did Hot Dog find it and give his special itchy disease to them and eradicate them?

When Cavil resurrected Ellen they discussed how he killed the Five by luring them into an airlock. They also discussed how he was the first and how he helped create the other 7 during the journey.

I have no recognition of how the Erf Cylons hooked up with the Colonial Cylons. Where was it discussed that they made a pact to stop the War?

Anders talks about it in one of his rants, which is where I remember the implication that the new models were not created until they arrived.

Per Ellen, the only reason the Human-Cylon war stopped was because the Final Five promised to help the Cylons evolve through the creation of skinjobs.

OK, found the line about the FF helping the Cylons. It was part of Anders’ rant according to this recap: http://www.screenjunkies.com/recap/bsg-recap-no-exit-flowchart-included

BTW - the FF would have to have made a swing by Kobol after leaving Erf to even know that the 12 Tribes had left - right? Now, how whatever Lord(s) left on Kobol knew where they had gone in the great big galaxy - I have no idea.

I like the theories.

Couple of points that puzzle me still:

I was under the impression that Cylons resurrected in an awaiting body. There were tons of bodys of different models on the ressurrection ship. I guess Cavill must have had an Ellen body secretly stored away or had to make one from scratch? Was this addressed at some time in the series?

Cylons of the final 5 variety were supposed to have resurrection technology but apparently forgot about it through the ages because they could procreate? Why would a people forget about immortality because they can have kids? Is it implied that they could reincarnate instead?

And of course, who revived Starbuck and engineered the hardware that came with her?

Starbuck should provide us with answers, but I can’t say I’m sure we’ll see more on your first two questions. My theory on resurrection tech is that the Cylons that left Kobol did not properly understand res-tech, perhaps because they were not in control of administering it, and reverse-engineered it. Perhaps only humans, who cannot resurrect, were the ones that knew how it worked, and Cylons only knew bits and pieces before the Final Five stumbled across the answer.

Way to save your species, BTW. “Quick, launch an expensive resurrection ship into space, and let’s just have us five survive the impending nuclear holocaust!”

I think the FF-type cylons were content with procreation, because it was closer to their goal, to be more “human”.

As far as the Starbuck’s resurrection, that indeed is a burning question.

And forego immortality?

We know that their human creators, despite hanging out with their corporeal gods, believe in some sort of an afterlife (witness the Nana Visitor episode), but still… And certainly, even with such belief there should be many who would prefer to defer eternal bliss (obviously, they do not believe in “hell” - then resurrection would be the ONLY option) for “earthly” existence - especially if one could keep coming back as a hale and hearty adult.

And, when you keep thinking about it, while downloading has increasing drawbacks, its a heck of a lot better than most of the alternatives that the process of dying has to offer.

So what’s that all about? Is that right up there with Chuck’s “there will be no discussion about how the 12 Tribes travelled to the Colonies” admonition, because it does not make any sense?

Resurrection? SIGN ME UP!

Ok, you got a point there.
So I guess they just lost the technology somehow and became resigned to it’s loss, until they were forced to redevelop “resurrection” or be exterminated (on Erf).

How did they lose it? The 13th Tribe found a new colony; it must have taken time to establish it. Disease, natural disasters, other setbacks. Some knowledge is often lost for awhile when a society is in a survival mode. Perhaps it was two steps forward, three back.

Had they lost the resurrection tech back on Kobol? If they did, perhaps some “force” prevented the knowledge to be pass on to the next generation.

Perhaps it was lost in the same way it was lost in current time. Their “hub” was destroyed, and nobody knew really how it worked. That’s where the FF came in, they were trying to figure it back out. Maybe John should just get to work… :wink:

Except Ellen said that they wound down resurrection as they wound up natural reproduction. As if that was the most normal thing in the world.

Hmm, don’t remember that.
Ok, I don’t know.

I think they have made it pretty apparent that the procreation is a GOAL of the cylons. Resurrection is simply their only current alternative. Once viable reproduction presents itself it seems more than likely that the art of resurrection will be lost again. If they viewed resurrection as inherently more valuable than procreation, they wouldn’t spend so much time trying to find out how to accomplish it (human reproduction).