Homeland: Discussion

ThotFullGuy mentioned that he was interested in a forum thread to discuss the Showtime series Homeland. I’ve watched through the first season on DVD and really enjoyed it - and I know a number of us GWCers are all interested in the program. How do we want to do this, spoilers wise? (For example, I haven’t seen any of season 2 yet, some people are still finishing up season 1…)

Once it’s out, it’s fair game.

On the podcast, yes. But since Thot asked for a thread, but he hasn’t finished season 1 yet… ???

Thot also suggests we have separate season 1 and 2 threads for spoiler issues for us slowpokes - thoughts? I think it’s a good idea.

I really applaud Claire Danes for her portrayal of a mentally ill person. Claire does a fantastic job conveying to the audience what it’s like to live with the illness. She is persecuted, used, and scorned. Her actions are at times questionable and at other times grounded. Her highlighted awareness is a gift and a curse.

My wife suffers with bipolar disorder. We felt that Keri’s manic episode was too short. Untreated, those things can last for weeks to months. That being said, we understand it is dramatized and shortened for time constraints. It is good to see someone champion mental illness since so many times, even in this PC culture we live in, folks poke insensitive fun. So often I hear, “I’m having a bipolar moment.” OR “Oh! You’re acting so bipolar.” IMO, mental illness is the new prejudice.

Alright. /rant off

Look. It’s close to home for me. That’s all I’m saying.

We can do spoiler tags for Season 2.