Highlander arc

I’d be down with a Highlander arc.

I think Chuck, you haven’t seen Highlander yet?
A classic, unique sci fi movie. Maybe a tad dated, but I think it holds up nicely.

Maybe the original movie plus some selected episodes from the series?

I know ya’ll love Sean Connery (especially Audra) and Sean loves swords, and immortality is always a cool subject.

Plus, I really enjoy the discussion between the Crue when some of you have seen something a lot and they other(s) are seeing it for the first time. Love the different perspectives.

Whether they realize it or not, GWC was built for Highlander.

You are so right, brutha.

"I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal. "

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about …

Putting on my honesty cap I would have to say I wouldn’t want anyone let alone our brave hosts to have to experience the second, third and fourth movies. The original movie hell yes and the TV series certainly but the movie franchise really went to pot with no overall oversight or real interest at studio head level.

Yeah, I have to agree there (although I don’t think I saw all the sequels).
The sequels were pretty poor.
The original movie and the TV series are the good bits.

There can be only one (Highlander movie in your Netflix que.)

IMHO:

Highlander is classic.

Highlander II needs to be expunged from existence.

Highlander III is at least watchable, more on par with the TV series than the 1st movie.

Highlander: Endgame I hated first time around, but liked on second viewing, think I caught the directors cut 2nd time around.

Highlander: The Source … ah … yeah … well it aint Highlander II I suppose, so slightly better than a stab in the eye with a rusty spork.

The series I loved, it introduced some great supporting characters and is well worth checking out.

The Raven I’m not so keen on. Maybe I’m bitter as I feel Claudia Christian should have been given the role after her starring role in the episode “Two of Hearts”.

Not sure about the podcast arc suggestion, subjecting loyal listeners to the pain and suffering caused by Highlander II exposure is cruelty beyond measure.

If we are in agreement that there can be only one Highlander movie (see what I did there? Hi-larious!) then we need to fold Highlander into a “Required Sci-fi/Fantasy arc” or some such.

I like your thinking. Maybe if Chuck, Sean and Audra each picked a classic sci fi movie they’ve never seen? (Dune perhaps?) Though, Rev Sean has seen about everything under the suns it seems. :smiley:

P.S. Oooo… OR, here’s another thot (a Thot thot if you like).
How about a Sci Fi Sean Connery Arc: Zardoz, Highlander, Outland…hmmm…

Zardoz? Really? :eek:

Maybe we could trade that one for Time Bandits? :rolleyes:

I always like to hear what people new to Zardoz make of it, it’s one of those movies that tends to get a reaction (not quite the reaction Zed gets when looking at Consuella) but it does polarise opinion:)

I do like the idea of a Sean Connery arc though.

NO! Zardoz is a right of passage!

Maybe a cheese arc. Zardoz, Barbarella, the eighties Flash Gordon…

Flash Gordon is not cheese. It’s unadulterated awesome. :smiley:

OK. I’ve got my outfit for the Con.

:eek::eek::eek:

Holding you to that.

grumble grumble Got to go to gym grumble grumble

On the plus side, I’ve got the body hair for it. :smiley:

But I’ll never be able to grow that p0rn stache. I’ll need to buy that.

Not ever man can wear boots like that and get away with it.

I only have a vague recollection of Zardoz, but it does fit into the Sean Connery sci fi umbrella — though perhaps the weird section of it. :smiley:

BTW, in case anyone is interested, Zardoz is available on Netflix Instant Watch.

I’ll never look at Sean Connery the same way after seeing this pic. It’s up there on my Mental Wall of Shame with Sacha Baron Cohen’s body in that lime green bathing suit!