Heroes Re-Watch?

For those of you who may not already know, I’m a huge Heroes fan. The episodes – the stories – have made me think in a way I haven’t since we last saw new BSG story too, too long ago.

I’d really like to talk Heroes shop with some of you. Would any of you be willing to plow through a re-watch with me?

I would I honestly was skeptical about heroes for a long time until i finally bought the 1st season a few weeks ago. Watched all of that. Got all the season 2 episodes and watched them now i am in the waiting game that everyone else is in lol.

Count me in! I haven’t seen season two yet, but we’d be starting with 1.01 anyway, right?
If we’re not pacing through the episodes too fast (I guess 1 per week would good), then I’m definitely on board.

Flying Man!!!

thats my way to say yes with excitement :slight_smile:

Just an FYI, the Target here has the Heroes Season 1 DVD boxset for $19.99 right now. I picked one up for myself last night.

I know this set of threads has laid dormant for a while—Probably cuz there’s so much going on with New BSG episdoes.
But I just gotta say, I’m working my way through season 1, and I’m really loving Heroes.
This is a Watch for me, not a Re-Watch. I’m up to episode —I think number 20, “Five Years Gone”. What an awesome show!! It’s great that they have audio commentary on almost ever episode on the DVDs. I love good DVD commentaries.
In some of the commentaries they’ve refered to an online comic book that goes along with the show Heroes–and they said it fleshes old some of the character backgrounds–like Linderman and Daddy Peterelli, etc.
Have any of you read those? And are they essential?

They are available from nbc.com/heroes and then select “Graphic Novels” from the menu. A new 6-8 page comic comes out every Tuesday and they’re pretty good! I wouldn’t consider them “essential” but there are things that tie-in to the episodes. They can (and do!) stand on their own! The comics for Season 1 have been collected and are in print and can be purchased at Barnes/Noble, Amazon, etc but since I’ve read them all online, I don’t feel that I need to spend $25 on a print copy! All back-issues are available online and today #86 came out…

Thanks Spatterson! I will check 'em out.
I just watched ep21 “The Hard Part” last night, so I’m now in striking distances of the Season 1 finale.

I just love those short comics that come out, gives the show more depth, CANNOT wait till season 3 starts :slight_smile:

I am totally up for some Heroes for off season stuff to do…Heck, we will have new episodes of that before BSG.

“FLYING MAN! WSHHHHH!”
“Would you keep it down?”
“Flying man… wshhhhh”

That’s gotta be one of my favourite moments. I love Hiro!

I’d rewatch, but I have to get my hands on the episodes. I rewatched it a while back, but i deleted the episodes off of my computer. Even if I can’t necessarily rewatch them all again, I’d definitely be willing to participate in the discussion anyway.

Well, I took me couple months, but finally finished watching Season 1 of Heroes. (This was a “watch” for me, not a “rewatch”.)
I watched the Season 1 finale last week. I love that it ended with an act of self-sacrifice and brotherly love. My favorite line from the finale was Ando, saying this Hiro just before he teleports back to NYC for the big showdown with Sylar.

Your whole life you talked about your favorite stories:
Star Wars, Star Trek, Superman, Kensei…
All the heroes you wanted to be.
One day, people will tell the story of…
…Hiro Nakamura.

Awesome. Now on to Season two.

Season2 is not as long, but it is a really good.
Season3 is gonna be INSANE !

Yeah, I heard they had to shorten Season 2, and bring it to an earlier conclusion , because of the Writer strike. Great show!

I think ‘conclusion’ is a light term… Silly writers’ strike.

I’m all for a re-watch with you guys/gals. It seems like AGES since I’ve seen this show and I’d love to get back into it. Now that BSG’s gone as well as whatever other shows survived the writer’s strike, there ain’t nothing left on TV!