Hello, is there anyone out there...

baltar

OMG !!
Juan, Solai, frakkintalos
holy cow this is momentus.

So who’s seen Arrival ?
And who’s gonna see Rogue One? And Passengers?

//youtu.be/HmhoD9kdiwA

Oddball that was awesome!

Not seen Arrival yet but plan to.
Will be seeing Rogue One. Definitely will be seeing Passengers. So many good things to watch this year!

Arrival kinda…just…was…without spoiling much I compared it as “Contact with an actual ending instead” …I felt like I was watching a “film” over a “movie”…if you know the difference

Rogue One was pretty good…not FULLY what I expected but a good sorting of Easter Eggs and extras…dark and dirty and was nice to see a Star Wars movie NOT centered around a Force User

…Also the DC TV Universe is KILLING it on the CW…been sooooo good…the 3+ episode Crossover was amazing…hope it gets its own Blu Ray release…I’d buy it in a second!!!

So, I just came back after a really long absence. What in the heck happened? Like other people have said, it almost looks like everyone just up and left.

I prefer forums vastly over Twitter and Facebook as this is just easier to follow what is going on.

I assume everyone is about to see Last Jedi. What else is everyone up to nowadays? I think I’ve had two kids since I last posted over here.

Social media is king these days, I suppose. May also be a ghost town due to no more new podcasts. Either way, I make sure to stop by this server every few weeks to check that the site/forums are still working properly, so that anyone who wants to has access to check out the old 'casts and forum posts.

As for what I’ve been up to: will be seeing Last Jedi sometime this week. The famously-fast-growing Juan beard has been a permanent fixture on my face for the last few years. Got married this summer. Promoted at work this fall. Overall, busy, but really good. Hope things are going well for everyone out there; I’ve been a bit of a recluse online these last few years, with real-life stuff taking priority. Though I admit, I still get the feels from time to time reminiscing about the old Google Hangout (or even Talkshoe!) days when I had all the time in the world to hang out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Steve, Hi Juan
Yup, it’s a ghost town alright.
On my way to see Last Jedi tonight.

Yeah it is a shame what happened… does anyone even know why they stopped with the podcasts?

Sadly no…in a very similar way a pretty popular bar/dance club/adult type hang out in the NJ area did the same…they were open on Tuesday, the next morning on their Faceook, it was “thanks for everything we’re done and closed for good…BYE!!” and never to be heard of again…kinda sad, amazing how quick the mass exodus followed, and I can’t stand twitter so I pretty much lost touch with everyone…

the worst part is there is SO MUCH GOOD geeky stuff on TV now to talk about too!!!

Thank you Scott, for your part, for keeping this place alive!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, Dude!

(Note to self: emojis don’t work here heheh

Hi Juan! I’ve missed you! I’ve just opened a new thread regarding the Last Jedi. I was just about to rattle on about the movie on facebook, then figured, what the heck! This is what GWC is for! Got the old gang together on Facebook and trying to bring them back here! Hope it works!

Hey congratulations on getting married! It’s just the beginning from here on. Like Karen Carpenter said, We’ve only just begun.

Cheers!

Dang, it’s 4:32am & I feel like a kid on Christmas night! I hope the folks read my Facebook message. The Shrine of Sean doesn’t maintain itself you know? ;p heheh

\

I try!!! Glad to keep this place with sorta a pulse…:cool:

the basic smileys work!!!

Thanks for Juan for making sure the old girl still hold together! And everyone else for still remembering, warms my heart

Edit: Wow, its insane looking back over my last posts from almost 6 years ago, when I was just finishing highschool and we were all hyped for Avengers 1! xD Still the movie ive seen most in theaters

Yah, that’s the truth.

1 Like

Air Force One.
Now there’s a President to be proud of.

Aye. He is Presidential and everything.