Head Baltar - god's name

What did he mean by “you know he doesn’t like that name”?

I thought it was “you know he doesn’t like that name”, but my friends had me go back and double check and it’s actually “you know it doesn’t like that name”. (Or so I heard)

His name is Ronald :wink:

Was thinking this as a joke at first, but in the context of the show Ronald D. Moore is god…

Just double checked and I really can’t tell if it’s “he” or “it” …

I think he said, “you know it doesn’t like that name.”

Did anyone pull up the Closed Captions to get the quote?

I still don’t know exactly what he meant. I guess Ron just gave us something new to discuss in future forums. That is unless it gets addressed in either Caprica or The Plan.

I’m pretty sure it was “It”.

I thought it was a nod to BSGod not being solely the Christian God. Sort of a “we are all one” moment.

After thinking about this for a bit…How powerful of a mind frak would it have been if the line had read:

“You know I don’t like that name.”

Implying of course that the game of good and evil will always be afoot.

I thought he said “it” too.

I was thinking that too, but at the same time I think there’s a little bit of RDM as god of the show humor going on in that line. It’s a very good (and surprising) last line for the show, especially with its creator standing right there. heh heh

Maybe “God” is from the first cycle. Before Kobol.

I simply thought it confirmed what I had suspected recently - that this one ‘god’ is actually not a god, but an older, superior being who has been trying to guide life for millennia. He, sorry, it, had simply allowed these simpler civilisations to think of it as a god for simplicity.

the Gods were evolved humans. It makes Starbuck 2.0 easier to swallow and why Starbuck 1.0 could “pull things from the stream” as we heard (at least) in The Plan.

And I swear it was “he” not “it”, but now I doubt myself—off to go check now.

Head Baltart says “it”–and menacingly–as if god is vengeful.

it was always my thought that the “it” in that statement was meant to imply that God is neither male nor female. Considering the gender neutral tone through out the show, I would say it’s consistent.

just a thought : RDM just wanted to end the show, the very last line in fact, with one of his classic mindfraks!

Of course it does not liked to be called God…

It’s name… Is … Robert Paulson…

my only problem with the whole final reveal is if Head Six has no real connection with Caprica Six, why would Head Six get so angry and hurt by Baltar everytime he is with some other woman?

God is a supercomputer. It would follow the Cylon would be ruled by a machine.

I vote for H.E.L.O. as a name.

I’ve never understood why the Head Six and Head Baltar looked like Six and Baltar. Which way did it go? Which looked like which and why?