Have you given your pets BSG names?

I’m wondering how many people have named or renamed their pets with BSG in mind.

About a year ago I inherited two cats named Kitten and Hero.

Renamed Kitten to ToasterCat. She was freaked out by the change, flew from west coast to east coast. For first couple of weeks she attacked me when I got too close. It started as frakin cylon cat and evolved into ToastCat.

Renamed Hero to Rain… nothing but the rain.

I’ve been thinking of getting a cat and naming it starbuck… We always have a cat around the house, but we’re moving this summer (and the cat belongs to my step-sis, so it’s staying with the house). It’d be a great opportunity to get a new cat… I just know half of my friends will assume it’s named after the coffee chain.

My cat is Caprica. I can’t decide if he’s named for the planet or the Six. On the one hand, he likes to be naked, but on the other hand, he is not a baby-craving monotheist.

You could name it Starbuck-Not-The-Coffee. You should get a cat, no matter what you name it :slight_smile:

When not naked does he wear red dresses?

We had a golden retriever named Apollo, but life got too busy and we had to find a new home for him. (He was turning into Fat Apollo because no one had time to play with him)

No pets, but I’ve started naming electronics/computers after BSG characters. For example, my (RED) RAZR is named “Caprica” and has a nice wallpaper of Six.

Hmmm, guess I could get a turtle and name it Heavy Raider.

Last summer, this adult cat showed up in our yard and started eating the bread I put out for birds. Didn’t seem like a stray, and I got the idea she’d been abandoned. Once she found the food, she stuck around. When it got cold, I made her a nest in the garage, but she still liked to wander around outside, and disappear for a day or two, even in the snow.

When it got really cold, I took her inside and set her up in my basement laundry room (by that point, I’d been giving her real food and water). At first, I felt bad about keeping her in, and started feeling like Leoben keeping Starbuck cooped up in the New Caprica apartment. So I started thinking of the cat as Starbuck.

In case you’re curious or concerned, the cat settled in really quickly. Daily, I’d put her in the garage with the door open so she could go if she wanted to. Now that warm weather is here, she goes outside, but she’s always back at the door after long. Point being, I’m not keeping her captive. In fact, she’s the one in charge here. Very Starbuck.

It is a RAZR, you should name it Admiral Ro.

Spring took its time arriving in New Hampshire. But now that it’s here, one of our cats is going to be up to its usuall habits: killing birds, chipmunks, squirrels and mice. And who has to clean up the dead critters? Yours truly. I ain’t gonna be my wife, and it ain’t gonna be my little girls.
So in order to express my ire towards this evil cat, I’m ofifically changing his name from Mr. Mews to Tory.

I had a cat named Calli. I shot it out an airlock. I live in space…

Cally is a great name for a cat!

I think I need a dog named Boomer…maybe a fish named ugh…what hsould I name a fish? Billy?

BILLY!!!

Given their lifespan, that sounds about right. :frowning: