Harry Potter theme park first look

From IO9

I never knew Hogwarts was in Florida. All those harsh winters and such.

Id like to go there and hand over many of my monies in exchange for HP merchandise.:smiley:

I have an unhealthy need for Ravenclaw gear and to have a wand chosen for me.

They are having a sweepstake to win a chance to go there during the Grand Opening next spring. Here’s the link for anyone that may want to give it a shot:

http://www.theroadtohogwarts.com/#/home/home-element

signed up a few days ago when i got the e-mail. stop reducing my odds! :slight_smile:

Sorry! I haven’t entered it myself so you’re not competing against me. :smiley:

New email today from Universal which is an invitation for an Exclusive Vacation Package for The Wizarding World of HP. Link in the email shows packages for staying at some of their hotels. And on that link it states: Vacation offer valid for travel 5/28 – 12/31/2010. So I guess the park opens on or about May 28th. Woot. Here’s a link to the vacation package offer site:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Florida_Vacation_Packages/bf/harrypotter.aspx?__source=email.hp.vacapkg.02222010

My mother informed the hubs and I to start saving our pennies 'cause in 5 years she’s taking her grandkids to Disney World and we’re supposed to come along. I agreed only because I MUST go to Universal to see Harry Potter. Ok, not only because of HP, but mostly. And NASA. And maybe a side trip to Margaritaville. Ok - I just want to go to Florida again. :smiley:

I don’t know if I could wait 5 years to see Hogwarts. :slight_smile: I’m trying to plan a trip to see it and one of the few remaining shuttle launches this year.

Unless I win the lottery, I’m going nowhere for a while. Guess I’ll have to buy a ticket!

I know what you mean! I’m just impatient about some things. :smiley:

Well, I’ve seen the theme park. My wife and I had an extra day in Orlando on Saturday and took the chance that we could get in to see the park. For only being open about a week, the lines weren’t too long.

I can only say this: It was simply amazing. It was incredibly hot, but well worth it as they’ve managed to recreate Hogwarts, Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade in excellent detail. The rides were great, as well as the shops. I enjoyed Pumpkin juice and Butterbeer and took a million pictures.

Well worth the money spent on it.

Thanks for the report on the WWHP @ Universal Studios Florida! I’d like to go see it but doesn’t look like that will happen this year. :frowning:

Here’s the foodie review.

Too bad. :frowning:

The park is state of the art, and the Potter story is pretty timeless, so it’s not going to be “dated” like the Back to the Future ride, at least for quite some time.

My ex got to go on opening day, and was bragging about it all over Facebook. But, my friends and I are planning a trip for a couple of years from now, when the crowds aren’t several hours long!

I was honestly amazed at how short the lines were considering it was the second weekend.

The longest wait was 90 minutes, but that was due to the fact that the ride broke down at some point while we were waiting.

That sounds so awesome, Chintzy. It will be a few years before I can go, but it’s one of those trips I HAVE to make before I die.