Halo: Forward Unto Dawn

Hey everyone,

Just saw last night that they are posting the Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn web series every Friday.

Here is the like to episode 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJVgXBfSH8

Also if you turn on the Xbox, you can watch it through the You tube app, 22 minutes long, 5 episodes, leading up to the release of Halo 4.

I thought it was pretty good, and so did the wife (who is my litmus for TV & movies when I am explaining a show to someone).

I am a bit excited for Halo 4, I still think it was a great game.

By the time I got around to watching this, they had removed all but the first two webisodes from YouTube (grrr), no doubt in preparation for the DVD release.

At any rate, I picked up the DVD the day it came out and wasted no time in watching the hell out of the whole damn thing.

Needless to say, it was freaking awesome. Everything about it just screamed ‘Halo’. (Needlers and Jackals and Hunters, oh my!)

(Still haven’t picked up Halo 4 yet, though, as my 360 is A) on its last legs and B) out of hard disk space…)

I am still playing through the Halo series. Little Shootette and I are just beginning Halo Reach so I wasn’t at the point where I thought I could watch Halo Forward Unto Dawn. I was completely wrong.

Last night I downloaded the entire movie onto my Xbox and had a chance to watch it. Of course episodes one and two of the web series are still on YouTube but starting with episode three they are no longer available. Normally I would be hesitant about paying money for downloading a movie without seeing it. However, I love the Halo series so much that I thought it would be good to give them money no matter what. I was pleasantly surprised with the results of the movie And I’m even more pleased that I gave money to see it.

I am so impressed with this movie that I think it rivals other teen-based adventure dramas like Harry Potter,Twilight, Red Dawn, Tomorrow When The War Began and The Hunger Games. But maybe that is just because I have played most of the other campaign in the Halo series so far and have a healthy background of the story surrounding the movie.

I started jumping up-and-down on the couch when Spartan 117 arrived. And that real live Warthog looks like dream to drive. You also understand at the end why Commander Lasky was actually sacrificing so much for a chance the Master Chief again and what he was sacrificing.

So thank you to the Halo series for putting this movie together. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be watching it again.

~Shooter Out

I have only seen the first episode thus far but I will probably pick up the Blu-ray when my tax return drops but I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed by the special effects. I just recently finished the Halo Evolutions anthology book and I was quite happy with how well every bit of new media they release remains cohesive with all that’s come before. I just finished Halo 4 on Legendary difficulty the other night and am in the process of replaying the game on an easier difficulty so I can get the story a little better but so far with all but a few minor complaints, this was easily as good as Halo 3 or Reach, if not better in some places.