Half Life

So. I ended up beating both Portal games relatively quickly because I just couldn’t put them down. And for awhile I just couldn’t fill the gaming void that had just been created in my life. Until recently, I bought the Orange Box, and Half Life 2 has gone above and beyond any of my expectations of what a game could/should be. Not only that but, but there are two more expansions that came with (episodes 1 and 2). So yea. It’s pretty fascinating.

Yeah, Half Life is GREAT. It was my first Lan game I set up at my old fire hall, until the IT Dept. Shut us down.
Though I think Valve is trying to beat Duke Nukem for the “LONGEST TIME BETWEEN GAMES” trophy.
I thought the Xbox game still felt very PC’ish if you know what I mean.

Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are two of the best games of all time. Hands down.

I would recommend picking up Half-Life: Source. The first game re-made with the Source engine, it does not look all that different then the original because the textures are the same, but it is the best way to experience the original game.

I heard that Episodes 1, 2, and 3 are essentially Half Life 3. They did this so we wouldn’t have to wait 6 years for the full release, and we would get an episode every couple years or so. But. Episode 3 I can only imagine will have something to do with Aperture Science as well, seeing as the Borealis had been docked in Aperture Science in Portal 2. Plus Gordan Freeman and Chell are some of the best characters in a game as well. Mostly because they don’t say anything. You just get to experience the game through a first person perspective without any cut-scenes.

I heard that Episodes 1, 2, and 3 are essentially Half Life 3. They did this so we wouldn’t have to wait 6 years for the full release, and we would get an episode every couple years or so. But. Episode 3 I can only imagine will have something to do with Aperture Science as well, seeing as the Borealis had been docked in Aperture Science in Portal 2.

From what I understand that was the original idea, to have 3 (or more) episodes with shorter release cycles, rather than many years between games. The last episode was in 2007. I’d have a lot more sympathy for the company if Valve at least told us what was going on and why there was such a delay. My guess is that they are working with some new hardware made by somebody else and can not comment on it until it is announced.

Half life 2 introduced me to the graphically better Games and the source Engine.
One of the best FPS i have played.

I still haven’t finished portal 2 co-op yet. :smiley: Sorta lost my co-op partner after the fourth chamber. But yeah.

But yeah. Half Life is a lot of fun. The mods are awesome too.