GWC wants your help identifying news, guests, and musical guests!

In GWC #191 we tried something a little new: we discussed some current happenings in the sci-fi/fantasy/science world, and we enjoyed it a lot. It’s great to be able to address things when (or not too long after) they happen instead of much later – or only when we can find a way to devote a podcast to it.

But we want to know what you’d like us to discuss. And here’s how you can tell us:

Just Tweet the news item (with link) and add the #GWCNews hashtag. You can Tweet these items any time, as we’ll take a look whenever we do “the news.”

Note that we may not have news in the podcast every single week. We’re treating it as something we’ll add when we can and it feels right. But it does seem to feel pretty right. :slight_smile:

Wwe’d also love your input in terms of future guests, both musical and otherwise. You can tag these with #GWCGuest and/or #GWCMusicalGuest. Do remember, though, that these often take time – and some people just say no. That said, we’ve got many, many episodes of GWC to come.

Those of us w/o Twitter accounts can use Facebook or this thread??

Speaking of which…perhaps it’s time to make the facebook group a little more active than it currently is…which is not really. =/ Perhaps someone more active on Facebook. If you need a volunteer, I would be willing to maintain it however you wish it to be.

I can be a co-maintainer to post when new podcasts are up and such.

I don’t intend to sign up to any other social media site. FB and GWC forums sucks up my time as is. I’d have to be (more) insane to sign up to other sites with my obsessive, compulsive behavior.

I can also help with Facebook - just tell me what to do!

Shiny! I love sharing the geekly news. Y’all will probably get sick of seeing my posts on Twitter, but just chalk it up to enthusiasm. :slight_smile:

I went ahead and posted the last podcast info plus mp3 link on FB. I’m not sure how I should include GWC blog posts though.