GWC Facebook Page

I searched for “Galactic Watercooler” and “GWC” on Facebook and didn’t find any. Have you guys thought about maybe making a page? I would have thrown one up, but the Facebook TOS (no, not that TOS) admonishes that only official reps or folks with permission should do this, which makes sense.

This way people could ‘become a fan’ and, in some small way, help with stuff like Google rankings, getting more friends aboard, etc.

If it’s kosher with y’all, I’ll make it, otherwise consider heading over and letting us know the name when it’s ready. :slight_smile:

BTW, if there already IS one there and I somehow managed to just miss it, commence to laughing and pointing.

here you go:

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?id=756394750&gv=2#/group.php?gid=2348936550

Blargh! I guess Facebook’s search is very literal about the missing ‘a’ from Galactic.

This is a group, I believe an FB ‘Page’ would still be a valuable addition as it would allow for ‘Become a fan’ and provide a tool to get updates out to FB walls. Just a thought.

We may create a GWC Facebook page at some point in the future, but for right now we’d like to keep any “official” GWC pages in-house. Feel free to join the GWC group, though. I know there are some Facebookers out there who like to keep in touch.

Roger roger!

I don’t know: GWC IS the reason I’m on Facebook. The group “GWC: Galactigeeks United” drove me to check out the site and become a member.

I’ve sort of resisted Twitter because of how much time I spend on Facebook. It’s all your fault! :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here, but I’d kind of forgotten about GWC:GU once the forum got up and running. Also joined Twitter because of GWC, but it moves to fast for me to pay attention…

I haven’t been updating the FB page much recently. Sorry. I’m unlame myself soonish.

I got a Twitter account over the summer, but I just can’t keep up with it. My brain kind of imploded trying to decide whether to update my FB status or my Twitter account whenever something important happened. I wanna interact with GWCers outside typical forum posts, but I gotta find the right balance.

There’s apparently a way to have your FB status update your twitter acct.

I just gotta recommend everyone to join this really cool facebook group :

Devotees of the Ascended Kara Thrace