GWC Book Club Selection: September/October 2011

Dear readers, as those of us who work in education are already well-aware, September is nearly upon us, so the poll is here again!

Per past practice, please recall that:
[ul]
[li]You may vote for as many of the options listed as you would like. In fact, it is encouraged.
[/li][li]Don’t be shy, share your opinion of the books! Lobby for your favorites, and feel free to read through the threads already dedicated to these books (and add to them, if you feel so moved). Friendly and fun is our motto! And if you’ve come across something else you’d like to read, don’t forget to nominate it for a later book club selection.
[/li][li]Your votes will be public.
[/li][li]Voting will close August 31, and the Book Club Discussion thread posted September 1.
[/li][/ul]

Happy voting! (and reading :))

A Wrinkle in Time: This is one of the novels that Sawyer reads on the Island. He read the 1976 commemorative edition by Bantam Doubleday Dell Books for Young Readers

Only book of your list I’ve ever noticed (besides Infected) and I still try my subconscious methods that you wanna start to watch this series.

The Magician King is the sequel to past winner The Magicians. Make it a twofer!

Voting’s still going but the field’s still wide open! Currently prominent are Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Infected, Solaris, and A Wrinkle in Time.

Enjoy your sodding book.:wink:

There’s a little bit less than a week left in voting! Currently leading is A Wrinkle in Time followed closely by Solaris… if you haven’t yet voted, don’t forget to do so before August 31! :slight_smile:

Nearly voted for Magician King because I’m dying to read it, but I’m holding off on committing to a e-reader, and that only leaves hard-cover (to the best of my knowledge right now). I’ll probably vote for Lev in a month or two, if I can wait that long dammit.

In the interim, Nine Princes in Amber, because really, I’d love another excuse to read it :slight_smile:

Though the positioning as listed above remains, there are a number of interesting options very close to the top, as well! Voting closes TOMORROW (in less than 24 hours…)

And we have a winner! Please join us over the next 2 months as we read and discuss the classic A Wrinkle in Time!