GWC Book Club Selection May/June 2013

Time to vote for our next group-read! What shall we read next?

Per past practice, please recall that:
[ul]
[li]You may vote for as many of the options listed as you would like. In fact, it is encouraged.
[/li][li]Don’t be shy, share your opinion of the books! Lobby for your favorites, and feel free to read through the threads already dedicated to these books (and add to them, if you feel so moved). Friendly and fun is our motto! And if you’ve come across something else you’d like to read, don’t forget to nominate it for a later book club selection.
[/li][li]Your votes will be public.
[/li][li]Voting will close April 30, and the Book Club Discussion thread will be posted May 1.
[/li][/ul]

Have you voted yet? I see that most of us would have to say “no” at this point (including me!) :slight_smile: Remember, you have until the end of the month!

bumpity bump… have you voted yet!?

A Mists of Avalon discussion would be quite interesting, among this crowd. Fun!

I would love for Mists to win - for a lot of different reasons when I think Arthurian legend this is the version that makes most sense to me. For perhaps obvious reasons. :slight_smile: Plus, Marion Zimmer Bradley is one of my most favorites.

I was on the fence with a lot of the choices this cycle, having read some and finding myself more in a Sci Fi than Fantasy headspace right now. Knowing nothing about the Quantum Thief I did a little digging…

The novel was nominated for the 2011 Locus Award for Best First Novel (ok decent cred - check)
Set in a post-human solar system (hmmm, fits my sci fi craving - check)
Futuristic ‘heist’ plot (callback to the GWC podcast episodes on heist movies - heck yeah)

Quantum Thief - consider yourself voted for!

An additional plus for Quantum Thief for me is that the author is suomalainen (Finnish)!

We have (yet another!) tie! It’s between CJ Cherryh’s Rusalka and Hannu Rajaniemi’s The Quantum Thief. Help break the tie in the next week HERE!