GWC Book Club Selection: March/April 2011

Dear readers, the poll is here again (is it really mid-February already?! :eek:).

Per past practice, please recall that:
[ul]
[li]You may vote for as many of the options listed as you would like. In fact, it is encouraged.
[/li][li]Don’t be shy, share your opinion of the books! Lobby for your favorites, and feel free to read through the threads already dedicated to these books (and add to them, if you feel so moved). Friendly and fun is our motto here.
[/li][li]Your votes will be public.
[/li][li]Voting will close February 28, and the Book Club Discussion thread posted March 1.
[/li][/ul]

Happy voting! (and reading :))

If I may attempt to sway the voting, Scott Sigler’s “Infected” is available as a FREE Podiobook!

Ooh, Fevre Dream is on there. Vampires! Riverboat America! A distinct lack of sparkles!

The Magicians is out in paperback! Vote Team Lev!

The Magicians, Let the Right One In, and Infected are currently in the lead… if you haven’t voted yet, remember you only have a few days left to do so!

(p.s. I love you all campaigning, it’s cute!)

Update: Scott Sigler also told me to tell you guys that he worked soooo hard to make a great story for you to read/listen to (for free) that if he doesn’t win the GWC Book Club Selection he’s going to hold his breath until he sees purple and passes out. Also, he’ll wet his bed.
Can you live with that on your minds?
You can go ahead and vote for something else, but in a month or so you’ll be laying in bed, reading someone else’s book and thinking…“Oh poor lil’ Scotty, I wonder if he’s laying in his own pee-pee because of my uncaring choices.”
Think about it.
warning: may be completely untrue

Do you want to starve Lev’s adorable child? I thought not.

If i may share a snippet from Scott’s Bio via www.scottsigler.com:

“Scott is known to knock back three Red Bulls and wrestle live alligators. He can juggle two kittens and a chainsaw while hopping on one leg for, like, over 10 minutes without falling over. That’s rad. Don’t lie to me, you know it’s rad, you just don’t want to look uncool in front of your friends. Fine, Mister Cool Guy, go ahead and act disinterested.”

How can you not support great talent like that?

Clearly if you don’t support it, you want him to drop those kittens and that chainsaw and you want there to be a horrible accident.

So, if you hate cute, fluffy kittens, then by all means, take your black, black heart and vote for someone else’s book.

If you don’t purchase The Magicians, you’re stealing candy from this baby.

You’re not some kind of monster, are you?

No, I didn’t think so.

It’s the last day to vote!

You mean it’s the last day to use babies to garner sympathy votes!

It’s working so far!

I know!

I’ve never met Pike, but I imagine he looks like this:

And we have a winner! Much to Pike’s pleasure, our next book club selection is Lev Grossman’s The Magicians! Check out the discussion here.

And, as ever, if your favorite wasn’t selected this time around, despair not! We’ll be voting for a new book come April.