GWC 200th Podcast -- Live!

Sorry for the late notice with the details, but here they are:

We’re recording this week’s holiday GWC 'cast – our 200th! – tonight at 8:00 p.m. CT. We’ll distribute it via the normal channels later in the week, but if you’d like to join us live, you’re welcome! GWC Tech Guru Juan is hosting a TalkShoe event tonight that’ll stream the live recording session with a text chat, and once we’re done recording we’ll join in for an open-mic party.

Juan will follow up here with detailed TalkShoe information, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Juan Edit: So, right here then… okay…

When: Tuesday, December 22nd, 8:00 p.m.
Where: TalkShoe (click here for the show)

What:

Besides an excellent excuse for hanging out with our GWC friends, we’ll be celebrating our 200th episode of Galactic(a) Watercooler! As stated above, the TalkShoe event tonight will stream the live recording session with a text chat, and once we’re done recording we’ll join in for an open-mic party!

How To Participate:

If you just want to listen, simply click the direct TalkShoe link above and you can listen in real time via your computer. You can also call TalkShoe’s number above, enter the call ID when requested, and listen to the call on your cell phone or land line.

If you’d like to participate, you’ll need to set up a free TalkShoe account. Just navigate to TalkShoe.com and click the “Sign-Up” link, then follow their instructions. After you have your account set up, you’ll have two options for joining the call:

1. You can connect via TalkShoe Pro using your computer.

To use TalkShoe Pro, you’ll need to download the software from TalkShoe and install it on your computer. If you’re planning to connect via the computer – a great option if you’re in a country other than the US or don’t have a decent long-distance calling plan – please consider the following:

* For the after-cast voice chat, you'll need to use a headphone/mic set. The built-in microphone on your computer will pick up echo of the other participants coming out your computer speakers making your audio sound very bad. Headphone mics are cheap and easy to find online and in stores. A good one can be had for around $50, but a you can find perfectly fine models as cheap as $15.
* Be sure to test your rig before the event. You don't want to be fiddling around with your audio on the night of the party.
  1. You can connect via TalkShoe Pro for text chat and call in for audio.

This is probably the easiest way to participate. Simply call the number and enter the information as given to you by TalkShoe when you set up your account. TalkShoe will recognize your phone audio and match it up with your logged-in user in TalkShoe Pro. You’ll be able to chat and talk with everyone during the party.

1. You can just call in.

If you call in, you’ll be listed as “Guest 12” or some such in the text chat, but you’ll be able to participate fully in the audio section of the party. You won’t be able to text chat and some people won’t know who you are 'till you speak. But it works.

If you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up via forum DM (Juan) or Twitter DM (@jaundrew) and I’ll do my best to help you out! Hope to see you all there!

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive for 200 minutes =P

Just seeing the 200 almost brings a tear to my eye. It’s almost 201, yet not. It is like my whole life has culminated (…culmination!) to this one moment. Tonight I will go from geek boy to geek man and with all my friends watching. A night like any other but epic in the hope for a brighter future. Some may say that 200 has been done before and to that I say, “so has your mother”. Somewhere above Frisco there is a new star shining to lead other to the joy of GWC. In five years we will be gathered around Talkboot sharing the joy of Podcast 500 after just discussing the awesomeness of Children of Pandora. It will be the Season 3.0 hiatus for Caprica and Dr. Heaslip will be be giving the most recent Hair Report.

Here’s to the many great GWC’s and to the many more to come!

Kanpai!!! :cool:

crap! I’ll be having my morning coffee and starting work by then… :cool:

oh well, have a good one, GWC! :smiley:

PS The countdown function is pretty cool !

I wish I could join you, but I can’t talk - doctor’s orders. Happy 200th, and YAY GWC!

I don’t think I will be able to make this one :frowning:

kicks stupid work and time zones

Rae, we’ll likely run 120 min or so plus the open-mic party afterward. Hope to see you later on.

That doesn’t mean you can listen and type in the chat room! I will try and make it. May have a family obligation. :frowning:

That’s 8pm Central Time, yeah?

Link not working!

I won’t be able to make it tonight, guys! Gotta go see Avatar!! Have a great time, everyone!
Happy 200th and Merry Christmas!

I just got in from work

boooo work

I tried, but TalkShoe was just pure, unadulterated evil. It crashed five times in just over 30 minutes, really messed up any flow to the conversations. I decided it would be better to just download it this weekend and enjoy it, rather than fight with a computer program.

Congratulations on 200, though. It’s a great achievement, and I hope we are all around for 200 more!

-Pete

Thanks to everyone who could join on such late notice. It was a lot of fun – especially the open-mic afterparty. :slight_smile:

I think this may be our last time to use TalkShoe for this sort of thing, though. We’re discussing other options as TalkShoe just seems to have tons of issues streaming to more than four or five people; Even 20-30 listeners will bork its stream. Hopefully we’ll have a better solution for you by next time.

Glad I got in for the after-party - was great talking to you guys!

If you’d like to order a book for yourself, here’s the link to the blurb site!

You can preview it partially, there, or just check out the slideshow Steviespin put out! It is the book!

Had a great time on the livecast!

Hugs and Squishes to ALL!!!