GWC 1st Annual Nat'l Meetup: March 20-22, 2009 (Frisco, TX)

LOL!–“ErfQuest” in particular

I came up with the very unimaginative “The Big Goodbye…to BSG”

But seriously, how about we look at getting in contact with Skiffy and lobbying for a solid date. I’m sure we’re not the only group doing something like this for the finale.

“The Final Frak”
“The GWC Big(sorry-Barb) Texas Meetup”

“Frak to the Future”

ChuseandraCon! :smiley:

LOL. Like it.:slight_smile: And only WE could ever pronounce it.

“GWC Colonial Days” - cause we’re all patriots.

But I do like Topgun’s “The GWC Big(sorry-Barb) Texas Meetup” :slight_smile:

I am going to tentatively plan on being there. I’ve been to Dallas once before & it was not a pleasant trip. I would love to go & actually have fun so Ic an get the bad taste out of my mouth.

All things will be congtingent on money, time off.

If you’re a couple and attending, Rev. Sean could marry you during the weekend !
Provided Sean attends the event, of course…:wink:

That’s OK… The first time I visited San Francisco it was for a really crappy coding gig where I was a contractor and everyone above and below me was pissed at each other, so even though no one was mad at me, I spent my whole week and change there getting caught in the crossfire. I hated it and had really bad things to say about San Francisco for a couple of years afterward.

Later, I headed back for much better reasons and had a great time. The meetup in San Francisco was a definite high point, as well as seeing other friends in town. Now I’m a total fan.

That said, Dallas is no San Francisco. The big draw to Dallas is that there are a lot of jobs available (compared to most places) and housing is startlingly cheap. We’re no tourist destination. But as I said in a previous email, this event is going to be all about camaraderie and having a good time together. I’ll find us a number of fun excuses to do that. :slight_smile:

its about $425-$600 for me to get down there and back…

Depending on how much accomodations are down there, might be doable.

Unless the Canadian dollar continues to suck, then no dice.

I think I might be “in” there.

Hopefully, the hub can come, too! I will be putting in my vacay chit!

Thank you for that observation, Chuck. I have met several people on-line who live in the Dallas area so I’ve been thinking I should go back & try to have fun to exorcise the previous visit completely. Given how great everyone here is, I’m thinking it’s as good a reason as any to do that. :slight_smile: I’m not necessarily itnerested in doing huge tourity things. I’m perfectly content to go visit & hang out with people, maybe the occassional museum visit. The best vacation I’ve been on was just renting a cabin in the mountains in Tennessee right on the North Carolina border. We really didn’t do much of anything but hang out & look at the mountains.

I talked to my Hubs and he said he has some freq. flyer miles he can probably gift me if I can save the $$ for the expenses. Now you guys just have to help me pressure, er, convince RMHPH into coming along with me! :smiley:

Dear RMHPH,

You MUST go to Texas. You MUST !!! By the Gods !!

(how was that K ??):smiley:

How great would it be to actually pull off a national meet finally ?

Well depending on the date and what the Bunnies are doing I MAY be able to make it. Maybe Keara and I can be roomies.

If the dates stay as they are I will likely be doing something with the bunnies - since it will not only be in between mine and another bunnies birthday’s (actually the girl who runs BamberBunnies.com) in addition to be being the end of BSG. But then again it is still a little far away for me to commit to much of anything.

But who knows.

Taking another look at the finances, and the fact I’ll be needing to replace my vehicle by then, I’ll have to say I’m a definitive OUT. Hopefully I can throw a Skype video call down to all of you…

If it helps you decide, Jamie will be signing towels on Saturday after we rewatch the opener in the morning.

Yeah, I heard he was going to wear them each for an hour first before signing them right off his body. I’ll get in line for that. :smiley:

o i wanna play… and texas in march… thats a def. improvement from wisconsin… so im in there like swimwear

I definately would like to attend the party but if SCI Fi holds to the March 20 date I will have to pass. The Very annual meeting that allowed me to meet the GWC crew last April in Dallas is scheduled for the 20th of March next year but they moved the venue to Seattle. However - since change is the only constant at SCI FI I am gambling that they will move the date. If that ends up being the case I will definatley do my best to be there.

I suggest that we call the meet up the Kara Thrace Hard Bindger of Death!