Guardians of the Galaxy Movie

Okay, so Marvel has announced that this is going to happen and that they have a writer and a director, kinda unknowns, but Marvel seem to be going with their formula of not hiring big names for the production teams (so far).
One thing that has once again happened is the amount of HATE that seems to be going on around the news and interwebs…
Where is the love???
As a Sci-Fi lover, we have been especially blessed in the last 5 - 7 years with the amount of quality and quantity of Sci-Fi, Fantasy and comic books that has been produced for TV and cinema.
Why the hate people, if we don’t support our loves and interests, eventually we will probably go back to the 90’s where these shows and movies are far between releases.
Man, I remember the fights between two shows “based around space stations”, all I could thing about was man, this is TWO HOURS of space Sci-Fi a week more than I had in the last couple of years… People were upset about these shows taking the same premise before they even aired…
Know what, I LOVED them both.
I practically cried when I read the story about how one fan of one of the shows, sent a virus to the writer of the other show and when he opened it (it was supposed to be a jif file or something like that of a spaceship that the sender’s kid had draw on the computer, and could the writer comment on it…) started to erase his drive. Apparently he only lost one or two scripts but he was kicking himself for not looking at the file type a bit closer (it was an exe).

Anyhoo, show some love for this, Marvel has a plan, pretty sure if you are not a fan of Marvel now, this movie will probably not bring you over… but hey, keep it to yourself I ask… if it fails it should be on it’s own merits (or lack of) not because there is a build up of negativity even before the movie comes out…

Probably being pretty obvious here!! What are the shows?

Preach it brother! I’m a huge fan of both of those two space station shows as well, and while I was not really active online while they originally aired even years later there was rivalry and hate some places. While very often the majority of a fandom might be perfectly nice people, if you get a few people who are just generally filled with hate it is enough to make everybody defensive and pissed off.

With any property that is beloved, especially one that has not been adapted before there is going to be some understandable nervousness. That being said, to start hating before the movie is out, before a trailer, before a set photo, before a single frame has even been shot is absurd. Have faith in the company that did 6 pretty damn good comic book movies so far. Start hating after it comes out :slight_smile:

Im just having problems comprehending people being mad while we are getting a frickin GOTG Movie!!