god is talking to me through stargate

seriously I think she’s telling me to watch Stargate. For the last four days i’ve come home at different times and Stargate is on the TV maybe sci/fi are fans of the podcast and thought you know what well give all those folks at GWC a chance to see a bunch a Stargate before the arc. cause its that or god is talking to me through the TV again. and that didn’t work out so well last time … still 60 hours of community serivce left :wink:

i’ve been indifferent to Stargate before but i’m kind of diggin on it now haven’t seen the macgyver seasons yet. They do feature two of my favorite actors with Ben Browder and Claudia black. so dammit last time i was in HMV I was looking at those DVD’s with a little more interest than i can afford right now. has anyone else noticed a lot of Stargate on TV lately. or am i Farbot

You should! It took me for-EVER to finally sit my butt down and give it a chance. The first episodes are decent, but it gets really good as it progresses. It’s my new favorite show, for real. And it’s one that you often think about later and find yourself relating to it in real life.

Some good friends of mine are big, big fans of it. They lent me the first season DVDs. I barely made it through the first episode. The only thing that interested me was the statue of Akhenaten in the credits (yes, I’m that big a history geek). I know some other people who like it and they say it gets better after a while, so take that for what it’s worth.

Note, these same two hate BSG, “West Wing in Space”, and yet we’re friends. Go figure.

i don’t see how thats a bad thing
two great things combine to make the sublime.

or to put it another way
West wing + space = awesome

the sames as

maple syrup + pancake = awesome

As a West Wing junkie ( ThotFullGuy too), your equation warms my heart. And if Stargate is as good as you say, I’ll give it a try. Please let us know when God speaks to you thru the TV again. Could lead to more pancakey awesomeness.

The upcoming arc inspired me to get the Season 1 DVDs from Netflix. I blasted through them so that now Season 2 is on the way. I vaguely remember the series, but I’m glad that I started watching it from the beginning. I’m really enjoying it. I always imagine that fellow GWCers are simultaneously putting the same DVDs in their queue and skewing the Netflix statistics. :slight_smile:

Holy Crap! If someone pitched a show to me as “West Wing in Space” I’d probably feint with excitement! Nothing I love more than some West Wing (SeelixSeesAll too) and some space. I can watch a rerun of West Wing every day and love it every time.

Never watched Stargate myself, other than the original movie. But like so so many other things, GWC will motivate me to give it a try.

C’mon. Everyone’s doing it. What, you afraid your mother’s going to find out?

heh heh heh he ha heh heh heh heh heh heh heh he ha heh heh heh heh heh heh heh he ha heh heh heh heh heh heh heh he ha heh heh heh heh …
You said “doing it”.

I had this exact same experience. Friends tried to tell me about this great series and I declined. I saw a few eps on sat before and after BSG, but wasn’t that interested. Finally broke down and bought the first season on DVD, started to watch the first ep, and HATED IT.

Thankfully after a few months I was looking for something to watch and started randomly watching S2 and S3 eps on Hulu. Pretty soon I was hooked, and I went back to pick up the S1 eps I missed, then moved forward. I’ve been watching 'em in order and am in S7 now.

We’ll talk more about it in the 'cast, but Stargate has a long production history. The first episode isn’t really representative of the rest of the series.

I also said, “Your mother.”

LOL!

Wow, that was a military grade your-mother comeback!

Well, the thing a about mothers, they, by definitely are chicks that put out. I’m just sayin’.
[COLOR=“Silver”]look, Galaxy Ranger isn’t on the Forum as much as in the pest, so once in a while we all need to pitch in with remarks like that.[/COLOR]

I was listening to the official Stargate podcast some time back

http://www.gateworld.net/gateworld_podcast.shtml

and I must say I grew smarter just by listening to the writer/co-creator Brad Wright speak. He really is a very intelligent man.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/

I see no ones posted anything here since sept '09.That’s ok,i’m still using windows 98 (just kidding).:slight_smile:
I’m just now getting into SG-1.Hulu has 10 seasons with our names on’em,so i rolled my sleeves up for a marathon.I’m on season 5 now.Some episodes are awesome,but most deal with mind control,which is allright,but it gets repetitive.The beauty of hulu is i can goto the next episode if i’m displeased.:cool:
The replicators are sg-1’s best me thinks.You’ll like any episode that deals with them…of course,i’m only at season 5.
Later geeks