Gimli The Dwarf (Lord Of The Rings) v Tyrion Lannister (Game Of Thrones)

Rounding out our Lord Of The Ring v Game Of Thrones Deathmatch week was a tough task indeed. We paid attention to the both series as a whole, and we paid attention to some of their best warrior men with Jaime Lannister v Aragorn. But what about the little guys? No, really. I mean what about the LITTLE guys. Of course I’m referring to Gimli the Dwarf and Tyrion Lannister.

Gimli:

Tyrion:

Where Gimli is rough around the edges Tyrion is smooth and graceful. Where Tyrion has to hire a swordsell to protect himself Gimli has himself tossed into battle. Tyrion is a master strategist and noble born. Gimli was well respected but not an inheritor of a dwarven royal line. Tyrion masterminded the defense of Westeros’ greatest city, Kings Landing. Gimli, as member of the Fellowship Of The Ring, helped defend Middle Earth against Sauron and all his forces.

Now the two go head-to-head in our GWC Deathmatch. I wouldn’t necessarily lower the bar in this Deathmatch because of their smaller statures. And I would not by any means count Tyrion out. With a little advance planning Tyrion can take care of himself. And as we saw in the trail by combat in The Eyrie, Tyrion managed to craft the situation to his advantage despite amazing odds stacked against him.

So who would win in a match between our two height-challenged characters? Gimli or Tyrion? You decide!

PS – And remember…. NO SPOILERS BEYOND WHAT THE GAME Of THRONES SHOW HAS GIVEN US TO DATE

Not a fair match. Gollum or Sam might at least get a few votes

I’d imagine Gimli could do his jumping hack’em-&-smash’em-with-the-battleaxe power move, and Tyrion would trip over himself. Repeatedly.

This could go on forever.

OK. Tyrion hires a bunch of Galadriel look-a-like whores scantily clad in Dwarf armor. Gimli, being the modest, shy fellow, is not overcome by their charms. Tyrion’s plan appears all spoiled once Gimli catches sight of him hiding the shadows. As we know, Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances. Gimli charges threw the whores toward Tyrion, ax in hand. At the moment, Gimli prepares to swing down upon Tyrion, the cunning counterpart vanishes through a trapdoor in the floor.

The last thing Gimli sees is a glint in Tyrion’s green eye as he signals an archer. Unfortunately for Gimli, he was unaware that when he charged threw the whores they placed the necromancer’s fire on his person. The archer released his bow and Gimli went up like Eddie Murphy’s fiery Cookout.

“Now that’s a FIRE. That’s a FIRE!!”

Tyrion’s more crafty, and he doesn’t lack for courage, but c’mon… mano-ta-mano* deathmatch, Gimli all the way.

• as Ford Fairlane said

+1 for the Eddie Murphy reference.

Plus he could bring Bronn into this fight. :smiley:

Gimli is definitely the better fighter, but Tyrion would think himself to victory ??

Exactly. Even in a deathmatch cage, Tyrion would drop his weapon and go “Let’s do this Mano t mano!” Gimli would drop his axe and Tyrion would pull out something else and stabby him.

Then Gimli would pound Tyrion to into the ground before dying.