Geek Dad to be.

My wife is 21 weeks pregnant. She wants to start a gift registry soon. Any suggestion on geek baby stuff to get? Also and general advice would be welcome!

[SUB][SUB]CONGRATULATIONS!![/SUB][/SUB]

General advice … get sleep as often as you both can :slight_smile:

Again heart felt joy to you both.

Cheers,

OB

CONGRATS!!! To quote a wise old friend “That’s good. You have taken your first step into a larger world.”

There will be a plethora of opportunities as you new son or daughter grows up to introduce them to geekery. For now it is most important that they have a safe and comfortable home, loving parents and influential but soothing music. The rest will come as they grow past 18-24 months.

BTW - save up lots for whatever the next generation of iPhone, iPods, iPads, Xboxes, PS3s, hand held gaming systems are plus cars and college and senior class trips.

~Shooter

AWESOME! Congrats! Remember, too many hugs and kisses on their face is never enough! WOO HOO! A new geek!

-Trey

Thanks everybody!

Congrats! There’s geek gear out there everywhere these days. Lots of onesies and stuff that will be outgrown quickly. Maybe start with plush figures or geeky pillows…

Thanks again everybody! My daughter was born on 7/7/13. She was born a month early, but her mom and her are doing well! I need to start looking for or making a good Halloween Costume for her. I think a Dalek or a Tardis might good, but I don’t think I could convince the wife.

These would probably work better for when she can stand, but maybe in the future though…

AWESOME … CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our daughter’s first Hallowe’en costume was as Star Wars “A New Hope” Princess Leia. The neighbors were impressed :slight_smile:

Again congratulations to you and yours.

Cheers

OB

Samurai Jack,

Congrats! That is wonderful news! As a Father of two I have grappled with introducing geekery into their lives. After seeing others failing in their approach I realized something: Like a favorite sport team, or book or whatever if you force it on them they will reject it. Sure, while they are babies you can mess around with them, put them in funny clothes, but around two I would back off. As they start understanding the world around them they will be naturally drawn to the things that you like, including your geekery. Let them approach and inquire, do not force it on them.

My six year old daughter definitely is interested in Star Wars knowing that Daddy loves Star Wars. We sat down to watch and she made it through about 1/4. We stopped and I am letting her come back to it when she is ready.

That’s my advice. Feel free to reject or ignore. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I would say both the hardest and the best thing you will ever do. Just let the geek develop naturally. My daughter is really into How To Train Your Dragon.
She watches all but the “scary parts” with me, and she cries when toothless is cute. You just can’t beat that :). Congrats again and enjoy the ride!

D