Gayathri Mantra

hey all,

i’ve just only watched The Plan on hbo and got all excited about it.

The end-theme is still an ear-worm playing in my head (in case you hadn’t noticed)

Just so you know, the opening theme of the re-imagined series is based on a real mantra, see

//youtu.be/nDnamSM3Z3s

Kudos to Eddie Olmos’ story-telling abilities (he directed this feature, from what I gather) - it’s pretty fitting that the Cylon backstory took about 100mins and then some to cover 4 years of viewing (BSG) pleasure.

Is it just me, or does everybody look younger in this feature? Especially Mr Olmos.

//youtu.be/6hYf9oQz6c4

I love that The Plan brought the story fundamentally back to the horror of the apocalypse for the colonies of Kobol.

And that the inter-Cylon rebellion was brought about by human interaction; that even a model no.1 was one of the rebels before he got boxed(!).
[spoiler]
I don’t know if anyone else got this story beat, but the Cylon rebels, changed by their involvement with humans, did instinsically believe in The Plan -only it was not Cavil’s plan, but the Plan of a higher being pulling everybody’s strings.

The b-story about Simon’s marriage was pretty sad & touching. But it also revealed that Sharon Valerii wasn’t the first Cylon with a human spouse. I wonder about Simon’s kid though - I don’t think the daughter was his, biologically.

John Cavil’s monologue (which was a cut-&-paste audio track from the finale) revealed that he didn’t comprehend The Plan (funny how he was handing out leaflets about The Plan. sic) because he was plain evil (with a big E) and didn’t believe in the (Cylon)God/higher being/lords of kobol.
[/spoiler]