Game of Thrones 1x10 Fire and Blood

Sunday, 19 June 2011
9 PM Eastern/Pacific

how come no one frakked this?

Cause it’ll only air in Germany next year. :wink: And since I haven’t searched for and found a decent livestream…

that Daenerys girl has balls of stone…

but still, i find my self wanting to see more about Arya and her trip northward. I also wish to see Rob and his army, and Snow’s trip northward…

not that I am complaining about the time spent on Daenerys wearing nothing but baby dragons… but i’d really love to see more of the other things happening…

There is always season 2…um…there’s going to be a season 2…right?

I love the frakkin ending. Gave me gooseflesh.

You just gave me a sudden bout of doubt and a heart attack - even though I’m fully aware there is definitely a season 2. :smiley: The ratings seem to be pretty healthy for HBO, critical acclaim has been staggeringly positive, the buzz is the biggest buzz for an HBO drama since…well, since forever. (Boardwalk Empire never got such buzz, and Treme, while good, is too much of a niche Simon show. It’s the first HBO series since AMC’s MM/BB that has put the spotlight back on HBO, I think. Helps that AMC is self destructing with The Killing right when HBO is back on track with GoT.) It’s also one of those shows that are decisively an HBO show, because no other network will ever touch a project with a scope as large and expensive as this. So, if all of that keeps up, I actually kind of fully expect the show to continue for as long as the book series does, in a most entitled manner, LOL.

And, yeah, that finale shot was great. While they did cut out a lot from Drogo dying to Dany having a rag tag tribe, the last shot I think quite definitively explains why a few of these tribesmen stayed with Dany over going with Drogo’s brother, because holy crap, was that impressive as heck. I’d follow her anywhere if I were to witness that. The CGI was understated but beautiful and very, very effective. Just really well done. CGI dragons are the perfect crotch shielders. :smiley:

But anyway, excellent finale. Feels a bit like a “The Wire” type finale, where the most shocking thing - Ned’s death - happened in the penultimate episode, and the last episode sort of deals with the aftermath of that (I’m not ashamed to admit I bawled a bit at the beginning scenes where they showed everyone dealing with the news), as well as setting up the pieces (Tyrion in King’s Landing, What what! Awesome. And we will finally get to see what’s beyond the wall, etc.) for next season. I’m totally pumped for season 2.

Oh, btw, if there was one moment where I wished the show deviated from the books… it would be for Sansa to push Joffrey off that ledge they were on for real. :smiley:

And I think for those who weren’t so hot on Sansa, the line “Or maybe he’ll give me yours.” surely must have won some points. Just a little? I’m not a huge fan of Sansa, but I feel bad for her a lot, because she’s the one Stark stuck in the worst position of all positions by the end of the season. (Yes, she’s a brat and her notions of Joffrey being the perfect prince is entirely childish and naive - but to have that crushed by witnessing him order your dad’s beheading and to see it all happen in such close proximity…is something.)

Reminds me of a few other shows where the last episode season n is really the beginning of season n+1. We basically set up at least the beginning part of where everyone is going next season.

Am I the only one that thought the Dragons were really cute?

I’m really pleased at how closely they’ve tracked the novel. One of my favorite characters is Arya – that girl has more balls than most of the men. I can hardly wait for the next season to begin. This is gangbuster entertainment!