Game of Thrones 1x07 You Win or You Die

Sunday, 29 May 2011
9 PM Eastern/Pacific

Nice to finally see Tywin.

Where is Jaime’s gold armor?

It will come…much later.

That was just a horrible to watch as it was to read. Still I couldn’t help yelling at the tv.

I cursed at my TV for almost the entirety of the episode. Not because it was done badly, but because it was done well, and watching Ned make bad decision after bad decision was just as agonizing to watch as it was to read.

Auuugh can it be next week yet?

I couldn’t help yelling at Ned either. I can’t wait to see the rest of the episodes but I’m also dreading them as well. I think it’s the down side to already knowing what is going to happen. I missed Arya this episode though.

I’m really loving getting to see Dany grow into her position and power on screen. I was worried they would mess it up but so far I’ve been pleased with it.

This is why Ned is considered Lawful Stupid.

Since nothing else is on the calender, when do you have time to watch GoT this evening (late afternoon maybe)?
Since you have a holiday, I would be very glad if it could start ASAP, so I will have a few more hours to sleep before the morning.

EDIT: So far BadgerSpoon and I have taken 8 pm EST as starting time.

New, a “Previously on” Segment. Needed since so much is happening.

That is an even more shiny armor. Tywin…always looking for the best of his House. Sending 30.000 men to Riverrun…isn’t that overkill? :eek:

I still don’t get why the Lannisters didn’t get to stay in the Throne after Jaime has slain the Mad King.

Oh Ned, your honesty will be your undoing!

Is Littlefinger talking about himself?? :smiley:

So true… I enjoyed the episode insofar as I cringed a lot, but not because it was badly done.

(partially because I know what’s coming)

Sorry I didn’t make it last night. Unscheduled nap took longer than expected. :o

Yeah I kept going for 15 minutes and since then nobody showed up, I stopped. :frowning:

aww… poor Ned… and it feels so awkward that Tyrion didn’t show up… i miss that bad mouthing dwarf…

So far in the story telling they have avoided the use of memory lane, and showing us events from back in the days. i actually really like that about this series. But as the story progresses i doubt they can keep pulling that off as some characters motives date way back before the starting point. can they pull it off with just dialogue, or will they at some point have to do the harp and sepia?

I agree, something still strikes me odd about what really happened when the Rebellion overthrew the Mad King. Can’t put my finger on it, but why did Jaime give up his “comfortable” position on the Iron Throne and why had it to be Robert to take it?